Magnitud and Phase Measurements for iPhone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi to everyone!

I would like to know what app for iPhone 5 is really good for louspeakers alignments measurements (Magnitud and Phase)??

I am thinking to use it like option without laptop or Note Book at all!

Thanks
Opacheco.

Who cares about iPhones!

I'd like to know free applications for measuring speakers using a laptop and a good soundcard.

What preamp to go with the soundcard?  What microphone?

ricardo said:
Who cares about iPhones!

I'd like to know free applications for measuring speakers using a laptop and a good sound card.

I haven't seen anything like this that's free. I suppose it has something to do with programmers wanting to pay the mortgage.

What preamp to go with the soundcard?  What microphone?

A simple two-input/two-output USB guy will work just fine. You want to do transfer-function measurements, not RTA.

As for microphones, I have a pair of Audix TR-40s. The measurement guys prefer the Earthworks. Again, not cheap.

-a

Hello,

As a free option, check out Room Eq Wizard (requires you to register at HomeTheatreShack forum).

For a cheap and professional solution, get Arta by Ivo Mateljan (google); very well documented soft that can measure anything speaker related. Evaluation is free, full version is ridiculous cheap considering the possibilities offered...

Best regards,
Rogy

And this one is for ipad and iphone,

http://studiosixdigital.com/audiotools/transfer-function/transfer-function.html

Enjoy,

Grtz Rogy

Latest posts

Back