Could you build me 1176?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shreds

Hello!

I run a recording studio in Finland and I'm in need of 1176. My knowledge and time is limited and I'm too afraid of building one myself, even I've tried to read every peace of info about the process.  :-\ So here I'm asking if you could take a job for me.
There's a possibility of other building projects as well, but at first I would need a blackface Revision D. I would love to pay a reasonable price to someone interested. Please send me pm, email or replay to this topic in any questions!

Have a merry christmas!

I thought this topic would come sooner or later. I got info from another forum to ask here. Thanks for all the pm's. It helped a lot!

If this thread is concidered as unappropriate here, feel free to lock/delete.

Hi Shreds,

I think it might work out better/cheaper for you to buy one of the (way too) many commercial "1176 clones" out there.
If anything, your product will be supported by the company you will get it from.  :)

When a friend asked me to build him a Hairball kit, I told him even as a "buddy price" I would want $250 to build one, I suggested the new Warm Audio WA76 as a cheaper option at $599.99 since the kits cost about that much. Only note on the WA76 is it uses a line lump adapter unlike a Hairball kit which uses a real internal transformer.

Latest posts

Back