my first ssl clone works but no treshold...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digichild

any idea where i should look at?
the treshold level cant be controlled at all....I measure following voltages on tl 072:
1- ca. 2mv
2- 0,8mv
3- 0,6mv
4- -12v
5- 0,6mv
6- 2,3mv
7- ca.2v
8- +12v

ca. means:
depending on the volume of the signal

check your flux capcitor you will find that your time circuits were set to 1955 prior to when the unit was made so there for will not work.

No, your flux capacitor's fine. Just make sure it's not in backwards. If the meter is reading 1.21 jigawatts or more, then you have a problem.

Ok seriously, as funny as pucho's post was, i have to let you in on the joke (i know i wouldn't want to be searching around in there all day looking for a mystery component...)
There is no flux capacitor, it's a referance to an American movie called "Back to the Future". Just having a little fun :wink:

Then check on pin 3 of the sidechain vca. Do have any meter reading with loud input signal, means is it really a problem with the threshold or is the sidechain not working? Wrong wiring of the bypass switch is a common mistake, check this also.

i am measuring always 10mv at point three of the vca (dbx) no matter if itis bypassed or not...
metering is as it shoud be,bypass is also checked,looks good to me...

i just can`t control the treshold :sad:

OK, if you have control voltage on pin F, then something on the way to pin 3 must be wrong. Check pin 6 of the 072, then pin 7, then both sides of the 100 Ohm resistor.

thank you very much,this helped me alot :grin:

i found a short between the 100r and the 56k :oops:

i have to buy a better soldering iron

Back