Dac module with AES?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkunkFunk

A friend of mine asked me to build a talkback/monitor controller for all digital field recording. To reduce the size, it would be very preferrable to have converters integrated with the rest of the controller. I do however not believe I have either the time or experience to design them from scratch.

Does anyone know if there are dac modules with aes input available somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

SkunkFunk said:
A friend of mine asked me to build a talkback/monitor controller for all digital field recording. To reduce the size, it would be very preferrable to have converters integrated with the rest of the controller. I do however not believe I have either the time or experience to design them from scratch.

Does anyone know if there are dac modules with aes input available somewhere?

Thank you in advance.
Several manufacturers offer eval boards. Most of them have an S/PDIF input that is very easy to turn into an AES/EBU input by adding a xfmr.

Thank you for your replies. Those beis modules seems like just what i was looking for! And I'm sorry Rochey, but I already have finished solutions everything but the digital inputs.

SkunkFunk said:
Thank you for your replies. Those beis modules seems like just what i was looking for!
I'm glad U like it. Btw, I'm really pleased with the sound of Beis Dac/Adc

Maybe I'm late in here and you got already a solution.
But this is my version: http://www.akouo.at/dac.html

Latest posts

Back