Re: ADC TT Punchdown Patchbays - Easy way to disable 'normals' (but reversible)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecho

Hello forum members,

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my patchbays.

Essentially, I want to have all my synth / drum machine / sampler multi outputs (60+) present on the patchbay.
The stereo outs of each synth, sampler, drum machine will be normalled to my soundcard inputs (16 channel), and tape machine inputs (16 channel) - I want the extra individual outs (some of these bits of gear have 8-12 individual outs each) connected to the bay not-normalled.

So - on the last bucket of 16 (33-48) on the patchbay, I want the top and bottom rows to contain all my outs (not normalled to each other, as I don't think having the outs normalled to other outs is a good idea)

This will allow me to have an extra 16 synth / drum machine outputs present on the bay (where bottom row (input) 33-48 would usually be)

Has any one had experience 'disabling' the normals on these ADC punchdown bays before? I can see 2 thin wires that connect the top tt socket, to the tt socket below. I want to be able to restore the connection if needed (in case I reconfigure the bay for typical use later on)

I don't want to snip the wires as it would be a pain to re terminate them later. Has anyone ever pulled them off (they appear to be wire wound around the pins tightly) in a way in which they can be put back on?

Also, how would one go about creating a few mults on an adc TT punchdown bay?

Many thanks in advance!

Back