Help Racking a Pair of SSL J9000 channels strips.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studiopaul

Please let me kow if I have posted this in the correct place.

Hi, Ive been reading a lot of posts and are thankful for your knowledge.(read a lot by SSLTECH and the 500 series J9k)
Im considering building the 9K mic pres eventually,,....

but!!!  for now I have 2 SSL J9000 channels i would like to service and rack. (629002x1)
Ive been looking for schematics or service manuals and can not seem to find any information on these. (SSL are either Cryptic or want the world in exchange for pinout schematics.
Do anyone know if I can find these online as a Pdf or if I may pester anyone for some knowledge.

1st. thing I need to do are get correct voltages to correct pins of the unit,
2nd. find input pins and insert points to test audio path.
3rd. any bypassing that needs to happen to remove cuts/solos or anything over ridden by recall or master section switch chains selection such as Input, Tape, monitor OD etc.
4th. if i make it this far..re capping and test switches and replace.

Any suggestions or pointing in the right direction / place would be very welcome.

Thanks for your efforts!!

Paul  :)

Good luck dude, I had a channel forever and never could find info. I contacted SSL , they wanted $550 US for the service manual. Keep us informed on your progress. Rhoades Audio in Nashville racks these. You may give Vinnie a buzz. He is a tech. He might be able to help out. Or try the SSL mixed forum. Great guys there. They might be able to help you.

Myke....

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for your help...
Now the fun begins...I, have a crazy idea to re fit a few of these into my Neve V3 buckets, modded as to operate at a basic level.
Im sure the strips I have purchased are faulty, so will start by getting correct voltages and testing functionality on a bench first.
As ssl are no longer supporting this desk, has anyone had any luck finding spares, pots/switches etc...

Thank you guys!

Hi plimousse, and thank you very much for the pdfs...
are Blocks 1 and blocks 2 pdf the same file,, i dont see a difference, not sure if that was an error or not.
Would love to find the edge connector pin outs that seat and slot into the buss boards in the bottom of each bucket, lazy i guess but would be fast way to determine hook up, im also seeing there are 3 variations of the channel..mine have the long LCR ribbon cables that run the length of the pcbs..i believe these to be the X2 type.

Thanks again guys

Hello is it possible to send 629002X1 Channel Block 2 again please,because 1 and 2 same page
do you have another SL911 Schematics?

There's an SSL owners forum, were you will have complete service docs for SSL consoles and a loads of good relevant info:

http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php

Latest posts

Back