Aluminium Enclosures for Electronic Projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great heads up!

I'm enjoying the explanatory fastener videos at

http://www.minitecframing.com/Products/MiniTec_Products.html

(no affiliation I'm in UK, there's suppliers here I'll consider)

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanking you for taking the time to respond to my post.

The products you mentioned are heavy duty.

I have used these types of aluminum extrusions for over 30 years in factory automation systems. They are easy to use, robust to work with.

When my book(s) are released and you get a free copy, compare what I am showing and your system. I always believe, that you use whatever system suits your purpose.

When you have a copy of the book, I hope there is something in the book that you find useful and can apply to your electronic case projects.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen,
can you tell me where to get the extrusions that you show in the image you posted Jan 13th 2014 .  I have seen something like it from Germany and am trying to figure out where to get hold of some

Attachments

• edge extrusion box.jpeg
    edge extrusion box.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 10
Does anyone know where to locate this type of enclosure?  The ability to mount edge connectors inside is nice.
Thanks!

UrAmHEf.jpg

Thanks Ian, yes, they look expensive. I'll check around.

Come to think of it, I bet there's some modular synthesizer hardware that would work.  Heck even the extruded cnc hardware kit might work, the ones where the mounting bolts slide in the x beams.

Sometimes computer server enclosures have some funky options???
Thanks Scott, yeah I have quite a few cheap ones, where the top brace hangs fans. The internal suspension stuff is generally not sturdy enough for my taste. I'll check ebay tho!

boji said:
Thanks Ian, yes, they look expensive. I'll check around.
They are expensive which is one reason I cam up with my own design using those little blocks we spoke about before.

Buerklin used to do do some of the Fischer extruded aluminium enclosures but I cannot seem to find them on their web site any more.. They are a bit cheaper but still a significant part of the cost of a mixer module.

DIY synth modules tend to be little more than a front panel attached to a PCB.

Cheers

Ian

I am interested in a very plain fronted case simply to mount a passive volume control potentiometer. I have considered using T-Slot extrusions with screws on the front and rear panels. Top and bottom plates can be mounted using the T-Slot grooves.

The slotted extrusions are relatively inexpensive.

I am interested in a very plain fronted case simply to mount a passive volume control potentiometer. I have considered using T-Slot extrusions with screws on the front and rear panels. Top and bottom plates can be mounted using the T-Slot grooves.

The slotted extrusions are relatively inexpensive.
[I am interested in a very plain fronted case simply to mount a passive volume control potentiometer] -- Is it possible for you to provide either some kind of a sketch, image or even a link that would more descriptively detail what it is that you are looking for? In addition, how about some approximate and/or relative dimensions?

[Top and bottom plates can be mounted using the T-Slot grooves] -- There are various off-the-shelf aluminum extrusion enclosures available that somewhat work in this manner. Again, some basic dimensions (H x W x D) would certainly be useful.

The image down below is a small enclosure module I have designed for another member of this forum. So, while this enclosure is -- custom-designed -- based upon their specific requirements, the overall Height/Width/Depth dimensions all also correspond to predefined "industry standards" to where this module will be plugged into.

1706464489747.png

/

Latest posts

Back