Blue proto board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volta

Does anyone know what this board is made out of or what it is called?(Glass epoxy,FR4,something?)
Manufacturers name?
I can't seem to track one down.(Digikey,Mouser,etc.)
I would like to get a few blank pieces with no holes to do my next project.That blue shade is cool.
312Overlay.jpg

Anybody?
I saw a post here not long ago with a link to a manufacturers web site.
Can someone help me out? :grin:

CJ wrote:
Don't get the permali crap. Get the fiberboard, which is usually blue.

I've got two of them if you need some info. I don't know hot to distinguish fr4 from other materials, I think it's not glass epoxy...

Frank

Not sure if it is a blue solder mask.
I found a red board in china made out of bakelite Phenol aldehyde cardboard.Pretty cool but I don't speak chinese. :grin:

http://www.gw160.com/picture/Site/0003.jpg

Mine are a_p_I 325 cards, I think they are fr4. The single thin layers that make the board are all blue, not only the surface, as can be seen looking at the side.
Frank

[quote author="edanderson"]you can get blue fiberglass board from mcmaster carr.[/quote]

It's not copper-clad...

Peace,
Al.

[quote author="edanderson"]you can get blue fiberglass board from mcmaster carr. check their website-

http://www.mcmaster.com

ed[/quote]

I found some red "fiberglass sheets" for "electrical applications". I wish they had a better interface for posting page links...

I'm going to be doing a dozen or two mic circuits pretty soon, and I think this time I'm going to switch from perfboard to unperf board that's drilled for the circuit.

[quote author="Scodiddly"]I'm going to be doing a dozen or two mic circuits pretty soon, and I think this time I'm going to switch from perfboard to unperf board that's drilled for the circuit.[/quote]

Scott, what mic will you use these boards for?

[quote author="fazeka"][quote author="Scodiddly"]I'm going to be doing a dozen or two mic circuits pretty soon, and I think this time I'm going to switch from perfboard to unperf board that's drilled for the circuit.[/quote]

Scott, what mic will you use these boards for?[/quote]

Well, it looks like I'm going to build a dozen or more of my "Alice" mic with the Transound capsule - small/medium diameter electret. I'm considering a PCB, but not sure that would be worth the hassle compared to just drilled or perf board.

Closest thing I've been able to find at McMaster-Carr is fiberglass sheets. Check out item number 8549K42... would that work as a circuit board material for point-to-point wiring?

Or should I just stick with perfboard?

Whoops, just found this: 85345K411, "Grade G-10/FR4 Garolite" amongst the circuit board offerings.

alice-blueboards.jpg

Neat, eh? I just put a small stack of cut boards under perfboard and drilled out all the holes I use for my circuit - just marked those with a Sharpie while looking at one of the stuffed perfboards. The hole alignment isn't perfect, but plenty close enough.

Scodiddly;

The blue is FR4 just call a local PCB house and they should should
some light on the exact vendor of the laminate.

OK we are not letting you off the hook so easy here.
You post pictures, and a stuffed board.
No you cannot run away now!

Where is the schematic?

I need a second on this guys!

alice-schematic.jpg

I would be stoked to get a close up of that blue board with the holes drilled to roll my own. Scott?

Scott,

Sorry, I meant the drilled unstuffed board! :oops: Although I would also love to see scans of the front and back with the board flipped 180 degrees (to get a better shot of the area between the XLR and the 2N5087s :)

I don't ask for much, do I? :wink:

[quote author="fazeka"]Scott,

Sorry, I meant the drilled unstuffed board! :oops: Although I would also love to see scans of the front and back with the board flipped 180 degrees (to get a better shot of the area between the XLR and the 2N5087s :)

I don't ask for much, do I? :wink:[/quote]

Need your privates scratched too? :evil:

I'll see what I can do. At the moment all drilled boards have been stuffed.

Latest posts

Back