Small run PCB fabricators

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi...i am a new user here. To get rid of Copper adhesion i added some meat to my footprints for that one part  and even those boards were completely usable. I would have never noticed the copper adhesion strength if I wasn't trying to swap out tiny SMD x4 resistor arrays with an old school heavy soldering iron. 

pcb assembly

JardCrocker said:
I would have never noticed the copper adhesion strength if I wasn't trying to swap out tiny SMD x4 resistor arrays with an old school heavy soldering iron.

Wrong tool. Use a hot-air rework tool.

Andy Peters said:
Wrong tool. Use a hot-air rework tool.
Um yes... You are responding to a comment I made in jan 2014 (that the poster cut and pasted without attribution)... I have purchased two hot air stations so far (first one died).

I did experience one batch of prototype PCBs from Gold Phoenix back then with inferior copper adhesion. I compared the bare boards to a previous lot from the same vendor and there was a demonstrable difference.  The boards were adequate to serve as prototypes, and I ordered later orders from them with no obvious copper adhesion problem.

I reported it to them but they never acknowledged the problem. They probably were sold a substandard lot of copper clad by some shady vendor (in China) and didn't want to deal with replacing lots of orders. 

I mentioned the association of blown pads with use of an iron as a warning for others. Even with good copper adhesion, small pads will be more sensitive to overheating. 

JR

Thank you for sharing this thread.

My quote was $610 cad for 5-10 CTC Helios Cards.

I am completely fed up with pricing out parts. It may be time for some Strong Bows and Cheap Scotch to purge this injustice.

I am preparing a small run (one unit) SMD PCB....

I have used dirty and gold phoenix in the past... I might even consider a solder paste mask if cheap enough.

any recent advice?

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Thanks  right now dirty looks cheaper than gold phoenix and actually uses a secure website...  I'll check out JLC

JR

Well i meant cheap as dirt, not cheap as "Dirty pcb".  ;)

5$ for 5 10cm×10cm pcb. Even cheaper for the first 5 of each order.

You still need to add taxes, delivery and duty fees of course, but generally i order 5 or 6 different designs each time and it costs me around 50€ for 25 boards.

And i receive my pcbs in less than a week most of the time (even in covid era).

Hard to beat, really. I'd like to find a factory closer, mostly for environmental reasons. But the price would rise too high for my wallet.

Thomas

totoxraymond said:
Well i meant cheap as dirt, not cheap as "Dirty pcb".  ;)

5$ for 5 10cm×10cm pcb. Even cheaper for the first 5 of each order.

You still need to add taxes, delivery and duty fees of course, but generally i order 5 or 6 different designs each time and it costs me around 50€ for 25 boards.

And i receive my pcbs in less than a week most of the time (even in covid era).

Hard to beat, really. I'd like to find a factory closer, mostly for environmental reasons. But the price would rise too high for my wallet.

Thomas
Thanx... I ended up going with dirty again... they sell a stencil for $25 that will make assembly easier.

JR

Back