Something else to consider

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

You know, since we have an entire forum to play with, we don't need to keep everything in The Lab. We can create other sections for things like group designing, group buys and orders, and stuff like that. We can keep the forums less cluttered that way.

What do you think?

I don't know the IT constraints of such a thing, but I would suggest, if at all possible, that the popular projects get their own mini-forum. ie: LA2A / 1176 / SSL

Just an idea.

J

agreed... but one of the things that keeps this group so successful is that everyone is forced into one "room" if you will

I think a for sale forum would be cool maybe a project pix forum

other than that... I kinda dig the way things shift gears in here all the time

I like the idea of a separate forum for buy/sell and group buys, but otherwise, I don't like the idea of fragmenting the discussions into multiple forums (or should I say "fora?").

I think I like the idea of a parts/pcb forum the most.. If we start separating the 'tech' forums, some of them could turn into the 'ghost town' forums of our old home.. I like the activity the the Lab.. Just my opinion though.

-Jay

Okay, then, two forums:

The Lab, for tech and group discussions, and The Swap Meet, or something like that, for group orders, trades, and the like.

Sounds like a good idea to me. :grin:

Great idea. We could have a forum for each major project maybe (ie: SSL, 1176, Pultec, etc.) rather than a thread for each in this forum. Or maybe one major project forum that could consolidate all of these threads.

How about these as forums:

The Lab - general DIY discussion
The Infirmary - help for projects
The Bodega - info for group orders and stuff for sale

Maybe not these exact names but you get the idea...

yeah - i agree, don't fragment things too much.

perhaps a forum for buying and selling. but these things often end up being discussions about other stuff too... i think it's fine just being all in one place.

my 2c

Not sure about this.
Ampage has a system like that, with lots of little forums. It keeps the communities together yet apart from one another. I don't go there much anymore.

TT was, and this place is, nice because you see all the threads at a glance and can take your pick. I end up reading things that I would miss if I had to visit lots of pages. So I say keep it all together. We could have official 'big' threads like we did with the G1176.

:green:

EDIT: looks like I was beaten off the mark on this!

I think we should keep things as together as possible for the same reasons scenaria stated. A separate forum for gear sale/trades is a good idea. Not shure about a group order forum though. As the majority of the traffic is through the actual TT forum I forsee a lot of posts telling folks about a group buy in another forum.

but one of the things that keeps this group so successful is that everyone is forced into one "room" if you will

Yes, I agree. I don't always know to go looking for things I later find really interesting. It's cross-pollinization.

:sam:

I always found that having everything in one place led me to threads I LOVED, but probably never would have seen if they were posted in a different area. I'd be a little concerned about missing cool stuff if that happened.

My .02 :guinness:

I like everything in one place, too. But, I think a seprate forum just for group buys and general buy/sell/trade stuff would be good. As someone just getting into DIY pro audio, I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on a group buy that I might have been interested in because I just get distracted by the large number of cool, active threads that seem to build up.

~ Charlie

OT: Hi Charlie,
Are you the same charlie who I was bouncing Crash-sync and negister pedal ideas off a couple of years ago on Aaron's board?
Stewart

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this somewhere else, but this looks like a good place to suggest...

What do you guys think about making a button sort of thing for each projects archived discussions? Like the 1176 could have it's own button and you just hit it to see all the archived stuff instead of having to do a big search and wading thru stuff? Just a thought. That would kind of be the "best of both worlds" cause then we have one forum and the buttons would just be for archives. We could update the archives every month or so...

:guinness: :green: :thumb: :guinness:

Yeah!

Joel

PS: Of curse we could change the archived discussions to just word text, etc. I'd be willing to work on one project, and if we split the work, it'd probably get done pretty quickly...

Back