JoeMeek Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

I found a link to the JoeMeek VC1Q circuit here on the old site :
http://www.proaudio2.republika.pl/joemeek_1a.jpg
I wondered if anyone had a clearer version as my tired eyes have a problem in reading it. Many thanks.

I have a VC-1 but I'm not familiar with what changes were made in the VC-1Q. I do know that over time the Meek gear appeared to suffer from "issues" within the company and that it is often said the earlier gear is preferable.

I don't have a schematic but if it was required I could open the VC-1 up and get some pics.

:cool:

Hi there, just got back from a weekend away to watch 28 goal polo - which for the uninitiated is just about the highest standard you will see anywhere outside Argentina! This, in a beautiful part of England near Tetbury in Gloucestershire, right next to Prince Charles's home. In fact he and his 2 lads were playing there today, and may have got a little wet!. So, is there any likelyhood of a clearer drawing of this circuit d'yer think.

i often use joemeek on gtrs, bass and vocals.
it's the only pre in da house who takes my M149 all the way with out clipping.
a friend has one of the earlier joemeeks adn that one sounds waaaaay better then my (identical) unit. i think the iron involved is suspect to this?

tdB

:green:

WOOW post 100!
took me years to get here on some other forum i forgot the name ...
something with big trees i recall :razz:

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

tdB

I had one of the earlier SC-2 comps. I had to sell it in a pinch. It was one of my only good pieces of gear at the time, so I used it on just about everything.

It really shines on bass and room mics, acoustic and electric gtr. too.

I'd sure like to build one. I remember taking a peek inside when I bought it and it looked pretty straight ahead. I think it was transformerless, if I remember right.

The JoeMeek stuff was not well built, but it sure has a nice musical sound, very coloured and retro. I wonder if the new series will be similar.

Obviously time will tell, but considering Alan Hyatt's experiences with the Meek range over the last few years in the US, I think we can expect to see an improvement in design and build quality and units that attempt to capture the "sonic character" of the early Meek products.

SG,

I don't think that was what was meant.........re the arborist.

For what it's worth, I tried to get info for my VC-1 from the old Meek people in the UK a few months ago and while they were "cordial" it was obvious they weren't particularly interested in being helpful. I'll ask someone else I know if they have a schematic, but it may take a day or two to get an answer.

Chris O

Re the VC1Q schematic.........it is a (roughish) hand drawn diagram in a PDF. document. Image quality is that bloody awful that I found it almost impossible to read a lot of the component information and attempts to try and improve the image quality and sharpness did little or no good.

This was the "official" schematic from the old Meek company, and is definitely not of a quality that would inspire confidence in it's originators.

Stephen,

Sorry, I thought that my last post on 28/6 was clearer in it's meaning, but reading back on it now I see it was somewhat vague.

The schematic I refered to was what I was chasing up for you and unfortunately in places is relatively difficult to read. It sounds like it could be the same as you have already seen. It covers two pages of a three page *pdf document, the first page is a parts listing.........this is the official VC1Q handbook.

If you wish to give me your email addy (in the usual coded format) I can send it to you and you may do better than me reading it. :grin: Actually, with some time and patience you could probably work out all the component values by a process of elimination off the parts list.

ChrisO :cool:

Latest posts

Back