What should Expat Audio Release Next?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should Expat Audio Release Next?

• An API500 module of the Eden Mic Pre

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A S/PDIF input DAC (based on PCM5142)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A Teeny Tiny LED VU meter with programmable levels

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • A studio Talkback controller

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • API500 ADC Module

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rochey

White Market Member
Hello folks,

I've been looking through the backlog of designs we have on our design database at Expat Audio. Seem's we're extremely good at starting and spec'ing projects, and suck at finishing them.
As a consequence, we have a number of designs that need that last push to get them out the door and into the real world.

Rather than guess what y'all would like to see... I've decided that it's a better idea to give you guys a menu, and let you choose. :)

EDIT: Some details on the projects

API500 Module of the Eden
This is pretty simple -we'd take the eden, add a mechanical switch front end and gain knob. it'll be the cheapest Mic Pre for API500 you've ever purchased.

S/PDIF Input DAC
Board is about 2" x 3". fully SMD'd, this assembled board will provide up to 112dB dynamic range on single ended outputs from a S/PDIF input. Ideal for using the extra S/PDIF outputs that you have on your soundcard.

Teeny Tiny LED VU Meter
Comes preassembled and tested. Requires a simple 3.3V supply. You can easily fit 30+ in a 1U Rack.

Studio Talkback Controller
A custom project that we're almost done with that can patch in 2 or 3 different sources into the live room along with a talkover from the front panel. The system automatically dims the control room monitors to avoid feedback etc.

API500 ADC Module
This guy is as old as Expat audio. Never finished, but basically working. Needs a re-hash. XLR Input, Optical and coaxial out. No USB at this time.

A 500 series Eden gets my vote.

It'd be a shame to let all that extra space go I waste though! Nothing too crazy, maybe optional xfrs or some simple tone controls on board.

Latest posts

Back