- YELLOW + YELLOW + GREEN

- RED + RED + BLUE

It Works great now!

needlz

Re: G9 wiring help please +Problem Solved+
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 02:55:29 AM »
Quote from: "reggie"
Hello,

I just finished putting a G9 together. Then I powered up for the first time, the tubes heat up, the light comes on and everything seems to work. But when I hook up a microphone and turn up the gain and output, the output seems to work reverse turning and when I turn up gain beyond 5 or so I hear a horrible high squealing noise. Other than that there is only a (very faint) signal coming through. I already checked about the output pot wiring, that should be ok.

Now I suspect that maybe I made a mistake hooking up the two 10-pin wiring connectors from the main pcb to the control pcb´s.
On the schematic the main pcb connector says (from right to left) : To Outamp / Trafo - / Trafo + / Out - / Out + and so on ..
On the control pcb is written (from right to left): To Outamp / OUT - /OUT + /Trafo - /Trafo + / and so on ...
So the Trafo -+ and the Out -+ should be twisted? But I just wasn´t sure about this and hooked them up straight. So can it be that I made the big mistake there? I´d like to ask before I take it all apart again, as I said I was really not sure about this when I put it together.

Once I get it working and my knobs arrive I will post pictures soon.

thanks for any help,
reggie

Hey Reggie,

Thanks for posting your results. I just had the exact same problem which was resolved exactly the same way. One channel is still dead but it's most likely just a bad connection somewhere.

cheers!

CurtZHP

G9 wiring help please +Problem Solved+
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
Sorry for bumping such an ancient thread, but I'm approaching this point in the construction of my G9.

If I understand the discussion correctly, the wiring from the main PCB to the control PCB's, XLR connectors, and power transformers seems fairly idiot proof.  Simply make sure the 10-pin connectors between the main and control PCB's match wire-for-wire (no crossovers).  The XLR in's and out's seem just as simple.  Just follow the legend for those.

As far as the instrument jack, I can see where a good look at the schematic is in order, but everyone else seems to have figured it out with a minimum of bloodshed.

Have I missed anything??

Jakob, it looks to me like you've taken most of the guesswork out of this design, and I salute you for that!

I'm in the home stretch.  I just have to get my tubes and my audio transformers, and she's as good as done!

P.S.  I certainly don't mean to suggest that those who've had trouble are idiots.  I had many of the same doubts.  I tend to over-think these things and get myself into trouble.  But then again, are you really paranoid if they really are out to get you??

:wink:
Electrons don't read schematics.

G9 wiring help please +Problem Solved+
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:39 PM »
Sounds like your good to go.  Give it a shot and post back if you run into any trouble.  Mixing up this wiring won't hurt anything if you don't get it right the first time.  :thumb:

-Chris