• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trident A Range Channel PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmp

I have some prototypes left over that I'm never going get around to building, so here they are up for grabs. I'd like $50 each.
Pics of the finished units here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50759

I built a pair, compared them to the originals in the big blue version, and in the end found them really close. The comment from the studio was my version was as close as any individual channel is to another.

This is NOT a simple beginner’s project.  I've built a lot of gear and these were one of the harder things I've ever built. Lots of room for mistakes.
I had hoped to really document this project, do a new rev of the pcb, and offer them here, but I started a new job and just don't have the time.
I will do my best to put up a BOM and good pic of my builds, but expect to a grueling marathon if you try to build one.

Attachments

• ArangePCB.jpg
    ArangePCB.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 261
Also, will include hard-to-find BC413/BC416 transistors with each PCB, but I have to check on the cost

I have the schematic from the program I drew it in but it is very big and kind of messy. But I could do images and post them...
I'll work on putting some stuff up in the build thread

dmp said:
I have the schematic from the program I drew it in but it is very big and kind of messy. But I could do images and post them...
I'll work on putting some stuff up in the build thread

Gotcha. I would be very interested in this project. Very interested in seeing what makes the magic happen.  8)

Ill check what i have money wise and get back to you. I just want to make sure finishing one of these is feasable...what large issues did you run into?

It's just a lot of components to stuff.
And originally I misread some component values from the schematic which were really hard to track down.
Now that I have two working versions it would be much easier to build up.
But I don't want anybody to think this would be easy like building a 20 component preamp from classicAPI or something.

Will include the BC413 & BC416 transistors (with a couple spares) for $25
Each channel needs 11 bc413 and 7 bc416

A few sold... still have a few if anyone else wants to take on the challenge.

Interested in one, maybe a pair.
Is it possible to buy the inductors from ChrioN?

Nobody has been able to get in touch with ChrioN for awhile unfortunately.
I'll send you a pm

A bit more about the inductors...
The specification is in the build thread. RM8 size - N30 cores, multitap inductors.
ChrioN wound them for my build and for some of Bruno2000's builds... but nobody has heard from ChrioN lately.
Other members are trying to wind them or possibly you could find someone to wind them for you.

Sold out of the 413/416 transistors
I have a few pcbs still up for grabs ($50 each)
I bought a bunch of NTE128/NTE129 transistors which I can sell for $20 / channel if anyone needs them(3@128s, 4@129s)
Bruno2000 is winding inductors if anyone needs them

Back