• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: NYC Area: 17 Vintage (i.e. old) Variable Inductors of Various Values

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPG

Hello All-

It's been quite a while since I've been around, but I recently came upon a stash of these UTC variable inductors that I've had for quite a few years now and with which I am doing absolutely nothing. I had purchased them with the highest of hopes and best of intentions to build some cool stuff but unfortunately life just got in the way. So when I rediscovered them, my first thought was of all the folks here who could make much better use of them than I could ever dream of. I'd like to sell them all as a lot, so here is a list of what's in the batch: 5xVIC-3, 3xVIC-17, 2xVIC-15, 2xVIC-2 and 1xVIC-1 for a grand total of 17 units. All are in new and unused condition, with the exception of 2 or 3 having a little solder on the posts but even those appear to have been mostly unused and in all liklihood were just placed in circuit and then removed before being used for any real length of time.

As far as price goes, it looks like they're ranging from $25-40 on eBay. I'd prefer to avoid eBay and just sell them to a user here where I know they'll go in to good hands, so please feel free to make me a reasonable offer; either post here in the thread or PM me if you'd prefer to do it in private. I'm very motivated to sell, so don't be afraid to give it a shot. The worst I can say is no, and I'm more than happy to bargain/haggle. I will tell you now, though, that I'm kinda lazy so if it's decent enough I'm just gonna say yes and be done with it. I'm definitely not trying to get rich or anything off of these little suckers, just trying to cover a bit of what I laid out for them way back whe a well as help cover my rent this month.

As for me, I know my reg date is fairly recent but I've actually been around since the very beginning of the prodigy-pro boards. I had actually first registered back when we were sharing board space with the Pro Sound Live magazine message boards and migrated over with everyone else after they kicked us  out for being too good at cloning stuff nobody was making at the time (befor UA, SSL and everyone else came out with their reissues and all that). If you do a search for my username (spg) you should find post that go back all the way to the beginning (or cloe to it, anyway). And if that's still not enough for my rep, please feel free to look up my eBay feedback under the user name 'wind1274' (you can try this link: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wind1274&ftab=AllFeedback).

And last but not least, for payment methods I can accept paypal, a USPS money order or if you're in the NYC metro area I'll be happy to meet up somewhere in person and exchange them for good 'ol cash (which would really be my preferred method if I'm being honest). Anyway, many thanks in advance for checking out my stuff and I hope someone finds these desirable and good luck to whoever you may be! Oh yeah, and apologies for writing a whole novel here just to sell some inductors.

P.S.: Mods, if I've violated any rules or done something wrong please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just remembered that I have a pair of the red Forssell opto comp boards floating around somewhere. If I can find them I'll put them up in another thread in case anyone's interested. Ireally have to start keeping track of all the stuff I've collected over the last 12+ years!

Attachments

• UTC Inductors_1.JPG
    UTC Inductors_1.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 29
Also, just to make sure I'm being clear about this, I'm not actually expecting to get $25-40 each for these. I only posted that as a guideline of what they're going for. If anyone is interested then please, by all means, go ahead and make me an offer (preferably a reasonable one, please don't just lowball me for the hell of it) and we can go from there.

Latest posts

Back