Ramshackle Audio's DIY Shop - Igor's projects and more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great!

To all those asking for a Mixbuzz 500 kit - YES. I am working on getting this together.

Right now, we have plenty of 4KCC parts kits in stock ready to go!

An update on the MixBuzz parts kit. I'm putting together a guide and aiming for a ~300 EUR price point. Interest?

4KCC parts kits in stock & all boards in stock.

might not be the right place but..
i just finished one of my 2 Mibuzz500s and its all great unless im on the fastes(.1) release setting. if in this position, audio gets distorted. Any idea as to why?

James,

I have some of your THAT VCA adapters and I was wondering if you knew if they needed to trimmed if using 2180 pre trimmed VCA's? Looking to install these in a GSSL I'm repairing.

Thanks!

Paul

Hey, I've tried to inquire at your store contact, and haven't heard back. Want to see if you've got an eta on the parts/ pcb? I've received the metal work from Frank already. I just want to avoid getting rigglered!

Hello)))))))))? It's been 6 weeks since you've accepted my payment and haven't responded to multiple emails/ messages.
Edit: thanks for the email

Paging ramshackles...

I find myself in the same boat as the previous poster, duantro.  I've had good luck with ordering from Ramshackle in the past, but it's been a month without any email or PM response from ramshackles.

Does anyone have a side channel to reach ramshackles?

David

I ordered on December 2018 4 sets of ssl 4kcc.
One of the "meter" pcb contain an error, that it's no easy to correct due to the soldering on the boards of the meters driver ICs.
I tried to desolder the parts from PCB to fix it  but the pcbs (especially the pads) are not high quality to accept rework.
They seems to be cheap PCBs from China (jlc pcb, dirtypcb etc...)
I tried to contact Ramshackle many times to have a spare pcb or to order a new set.
Nothing after more than 10 months.
It's only to share my personal experience.

I finally got a response after emailing him a few times. My pair of 4kcc parts showed up, and I'm happy. What is the meter board pcb error Aleguitarpro? I'm almost at that stage.

duantro said:
I finally got a response after emailing him a few times. My pair of 4kcc parts showed up, and I'm happy. What is the meter board pcb error Aleguitarpro? I'm almost at that stage.
Sorry for delay...
I think there's a problem in PCB manufacturing.
Seems to have some broken connections between pins and traces in top layer.
I tried to figure out with the other boards I bought (they are ok 3 on 4) but I had the units already assembled and before take them out of the 500slot, disassemble the hardware part I prefer to buy another PCB...
But it seems not possible.
I had to trace the error and fix with jumpers...
I paid 100 euro for 4 sets, I forget to put discount code (I think it's possible to save shipping on order over 100), paid the extra for shipping and no further support for them.
Not serious.
They are very cheap China made pcbs

Aleguitarpro said:
Sorry for delay...
I think there's a problem in PCB manufacturing.
Seems to have some broken connections between pins and traces in top layer.
I tried to figure out with the other boards I bought (they are ok 3 on 4) but I had the units already assembled and before take them out of the 500slot, disassemble the hardware part I prefer to buy another PCB...
But it seems not possible.
I had to trace the error and fix with jumpers...
I paid 100 euro for 4 sets, I forget to put discount code (I think it's possible to save shipping on order over 100), paid the extra for shipping and no further support for them.
Not serious.
They are very cheap China made pcbs
Where was the broken traces? I have my pair finished and one has a non functioning gate depth pot.

I have 2 F76 PCB's that I don't think I'll ever get around to it.
I'll do that £45 shipped to UK.

Sad to see these PCB's gone, the 4kCC and the mix buzz are classics

Back