Gyraf/MNats Slam Rotary (shouldn't it be 6 positions and not 5)?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

In the first position shouldn't there be no contacts being made with either side of the 2 pole switch?

If so you'd have:
1.Open (all switch connections are Open Circuit)
2.S1
3.S2
4.S3
5.S4
6.SLAM (which I think, correct me if I'm wrong) is all 4 contacts on both poles closed

So that would be a 6 position switch, no?

The BOM shows a 6 position but the slam tutorial shows a 5 position switch.
See here:
http://mnats.net/1176_slam_mode_rotary.html

777funk said:
In the first position shouldn't there be no contacts being made with either side of the 2 pole switch?
This 'first position' GR disable ('S9' from schematic) is located at the back of the attack pot. The Slam/all_buttons_in mode is position1 and position4 closed simultaniously in order to short out the resistors R23,24,25 and R42,43,44. Doesn't matter if position2 and/or position3 would additionally be closed. For a rotary switch version this will not work with a 2 pole switch and the pic of your link clearly shows a 2 deck 2 pole switch as well, giving a 4 pole x 5 throw positions switch.

Ok, I can see now. Makes sense. Thanks! So we really only need 5 positions since S9 covers the first which is basically no gain reduction.

Latest posts

Back