Faders with summing mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonsaimaster

How can I add a faders to my summing mixer. I mix groups together before summing. I would like to have 14 channels with two stereo faders for reverb or delay. They would then go to the summing mixer and then the outputs are sent to a pair of ML2. I want to use the faders to mix the channels into the summing mixer.

Thanks
Bonsaimaster

Looking to add something like the neve 8816 fader pack. faders pre summing to actually mix before summing. No automation. The ML2 is API classics missing link which adds a channel strip character to the sound.

I checked out the Neve but it is still not clear to me what you are trying to do. Can you draw a block diagram showing the signal flow?

Cheers

Ian

I would be interested to know if the Neve 8804 Fader Pack is adaptable for use with any other summing/line mixers. In building a fader pack, is it simply line in to the fader, line out from the fader?

So it would be DAW 16 Channels --> OUT--> IN--->  FADERS --> OUT --> IN --> SUMMING MIXER --> OUT--> IN --> DAW

The previous question nails it. Can the faders be simply in and out or does it need a signal boost or something else before it gets to the summing mixer?

Thanks
Bonsaimaster

Bonsaimaster said:
So it would be DAW 16 Channels --> OUT--> IN--->  FADERS --> OUT --> IN --> SUMMING MIXER --> OUT--> IN --> DAW

The previous question nails it. Can the faders be simply in and out or does it need a signal boost or something else before it gets to the summing mixer?

Thanks
Bonsaimaster

Both options could be possible. Signal boosting/buffering option would certainly work. If you can do it completely passively depends a lot on your summing mixer, whether you want mono or stereo faders and the specs of you ADCs.

Cheers

Ian

I would be using a summing mixer with Ian's DB25 boards and a twin line amp. All mono. I would have a DB25 in and out. Would they be balanced in and out?

Bonsaimaster said:
I would be using a summing mixer with Ian's DB25 boards and a twin line amp. All mono. I would have a DB25 in and out. Would they be balanced in and out?

In that case you should be able to use a stereo 5K fader as a balanced fader on each mono input. That would mean the inut would still be balanced. If you use the VTB2291 output transformer with the Twin Line Amp then the output wll also be balanced.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back