Laser marking troubles...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neeno

Hi ppl !
A friend of mine have a laser metal marking machine...

We've tried to do some front panel, and they looks awesome !!!
It works great with colour anodized panels (black, red, blue, ect...)
He applies a white metal marking solution on the panel, and the laser do the rest of the work...

BUT, we have some problems with gray anodized panels...
Using the white metal marking solution we get white writes on a gray panel, not so easy to read... and we really don't know how to make them black...

Maybe a black marking solution will do, but i don't know where to find something like that in Europe...

Anyone can help ? :shock:

Even if my english is so baaaaaaaaaaad ? :cry:

what if you etched deeper with the laser, then filled the etching with a black material like tinted epoxy and scraped or sanded it flat.
just a off the wall possibility.

edit:

im interested to see the laser setup and work. post pics if you can!

I'm from Switzerland...
Tomorro i'll see him, and i'll ask...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody knows something about laser marking sprays/materials ?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've laser etched aluminium panels before by using anodised panels, then burning of the anodisation with the laser. Afterwards, the panels were re-anodised a different colour, and the only parts of the panel which reacted were the ones exposed by the laser. Doing it that way, you can make multi-colour laser engravings...

Is that what you mean???

Keith

Hi Keef !

...mhhh... not exactly...
I'm just looking for a way to make black writes on some silver anodized plates using the laser marking machine...

Maybe i've just to apply a different thing on the panel before laser writing... but not sure... :roll:

Finally i've found a solution.

Check this out: www.thermark.com , or www.thermark.de

They make laser marking materials in different colours for different applications...

So i solved my little problem...
thanks a lot for your replies guys !!!

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

Latest posts

Back