Neve 1084/API 550 combo Sidecar Mixer!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tskguy

Hi all,

So I have been planning this crazy idea for a long time but recently has been becoming more of a reality. Let me outline my idea,
So thanks to Bruno2000 I have a total of 10 channels of his "700 series" boards. 6 1084 style and 4 API 312/550a style.
So my idea is to build a sidecar style mixer based on the 10 channels. Nothing to fancy, no Aux(maybe) stereo out summing with an switchable api and neve style gain stage on the output. I also want mute solo panning per channel as well as fader control. I also would love to add 6 more channels of just straight mute solo panning and fader so I would have a total of 16 channels of summing for mix down. My questions are pretty much related to summing and the best way to lay out the block diagram in terms of in put to summing bus. Etc. I hope to have mic line in and direct in possibly or I may just have a pad on the input of the mic in per channel to save cost! So any input regarding busing, layout signal flow etc would be helpful. I will post a block once I am finished with it. But to be honest it would be a good guess at this time.

Eric

Maybe you'll find some useful info here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33038.0

Back