Star Grounding a Tascam M3500

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capturedsound

Hello all! I am in the middle of doing a full recap and mod of my Tascam M3500.. One of the mods I would like to do is the star grounding..I understand that we want to make a grounding bar branch to ground each channel to individually (i addition to it traveling thru PCB buss boards)...But my question is do I connect this ground bar leads to the 0 volt rails on the console? The Ground and 0v rails are connected on the schematics at the mic pre and line ins..otherwise its all 0v and the "ground is just between chassis and power supply chassis..

Capturedsound said:
Hello all! I am in the middle of doing a full recap and mod of my Tascam M3500.. One of the mods I would like to do is the star grounding..I understand that we want to make a grounding bar branch to ground each channel to individually (i addition to it traveling thru PCB buss boards)...But my question is do I connect this ground bar leads to the 0 volt rails on the console? The Ground and 0v rails are connected on the schematics at the mic pre and line ins..otherwise its all 0v and the "ground is just between chassis and power supply chassis..

Hi! Did you make the the star ground mod? Where did you connect the star ground on the channels? I have a noisy m3500, would you recommend the star ground and the recap mod? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back