BBC AM6/17 schemo pics for someone to host

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a .PDF with the above - in one file, and somewhat reduced in size:

http://groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10004/BBC_Am6-17_Limiter.pdf

Jakob E.

I still have the AM19 preamp specs if anybody still wants them (or has somebody already loaded them up to the web?)

Tubemonkey/Miko,

Thank you so much! My copies have disappeared somewhere in the miasmus of having been flooded out . . . .

One of my Neve 6/17's is a bit temperamental, and I needed a schemo . . . . .

Serendipity or What?

Thanks Again,

Andy P

CJ,

Chips, yeah, but these baby's are Hella Cool! They really Suck, and I don;t mean that in a derogatory manner! They also stereo match better than pretty much anything, except an SSL. Try phase reversing one side and re-combining the output of most so-called Stereo comp/Lims!

Wish I'd bought more of these when they were still cheep! i too turned up my nose at them because they were full of chips . . . .

Each to his own, eh? . . . . .

Andy P

I have a set of these on my bench right now - I've found some things on the PCB that are not consistent with the schematic. For instance, the anode of 1D9 connects directly to 1IC6 pin 13 (not to 1R67 (10K) as shown). Also, there is a handwritten note that PCB pins 34 and 35 (part of ratio switch feeding 1IC6a) are reversed. I traced it out - what should go where per the schematic, and this is in fact the case. When I reverse wiring to 34 &35, the zero of the meter changes slightly with each setting of the ratio switch... leading to my question: is this normal? Does anyone have a correct unit? Before I did this to the "working" unit, the zero shifted quite a bit less if at all.

Any ideas or comments?

I agree, regardless of the chips, these units are WAY cool...

None of the links work any longer. I would love a copy or a a working link to download this info. I have a few of the Calrec versions to rack up, test and calibrate.

Back