Power transformer for Pultec EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frede

I have started building the Gyraf Pultec EQ, and I have bought 2 Talema toroidals with the following specifications: 1x230V, 2x12V, 30VA

Are they suitable (30VA) for the Pultec?

At the print-layout (page 1 in the pdf) the 2 transformers are connected. The print on them says 220V secondary and 12V primary. BUT on the wires the print says 15VAC and 12VAC. What are the correct voltage. Do I have to change one of the 12V to a 15V?

Last question: The transformators are 2x12V and I only need 1x12V. What to do with the extra winding? Should both be paralleled or it better just to leave out the extra 12V winding?

Thanks a lot, :grin:
Frede

Frede,

12V is the correct voltage.

Use one 12V winding to feed the heater circuit.

Use the other 12V winding to feed the second transformer's two 12V windings (connected in parallel) to generate the HT voltage.

Jakob E.

Great! I will will do that.

Thanks a lot, Jakob, and once again thank you for making it possible for us to make these projects. :grin:

I have already completed the G9 and the G1176, and they are simply fantastic! I am going to use both for a recording session later today.

Happy weekend! :thumb: :guinness:

Latest posts

Back