Whistle Rock Audio ML12 preamp BUILD/HELP thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a question to DIYRE asking  the status of the boards. I too have been working on designing a set of preamps based on this board. I'm hoping the boards are only discontinued on the DIYRE site and will be available on the revamped Whistle Rock site. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I hope Mike is ok. I'll post here when I hear back from DIYRE.  :-\

Neil

Hi all! Neil, thanks for your email. I figured I'd just respond here.

Mike sent me an email in January letting me know that he was closing down Whistle Rock, but that I was welcome to order more boards from his designs.

I'd be happy to order another run of ML12s, I just don't have the Gerbers from Mike yet. I've already contacted him and I'm sure I'll hear back soon.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Thank Peterson!

This is great news. There have been many that have built great preamps with these boards. Hopefully you can get them back in stock.  When you do I'll take 8.  :)

Yay!

Neil

Peterson Goodwyn said:
Hi all! Neil, thanks for your email. I figured I'd just respond here.

Mike sent me an email in January letting me know that he was closing down Whistle Rock, but that I was welcome to order more boards from his designs.

I'd be happy to order another run of ML12s, I just don't have the Gerbers from Mike yet. I've already contacted him and I'm sure I'll hear back soon.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Fingers crossed that this will happen !
The WRA 312 boards was definitely a bung for the buck and I would also need some more.
I hope you also get the Gerber for the PSU and the DI.

Yay! The ML12 boards are now in stock at DIYRE. I just ordered 8.  8)

Here’s the link:
https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/products/ml12-discrete-mic-preamp-pcb

Get’em while they’re hot! Lol

Hi everyone,

Just finishing up this project at long last. Power supply is currently up and running, before I plug in my op amps that I painstakingly built, I just had a couple of concerns.

All the voltages on my boards check out flawlessly with one exception: IN- on all of my boards read anywhere from 0.058VDC to 0.178VDC. The voltages seem specific to each board, for example, channel 1 always reads 0.058VDC, channel 2 always reads 0.178VDC etc. The documentation says that this measurement should be 0VDC, are these voltages within a safe margin, or should I be concerned?

Also, it seems like the V- pin on all of my boards is taking a very long time to return to 0VDC. Is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once i have this sorted out, I should be good to go.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where to find the BOM and/or manuals now that the Whistlerock site is completely gone? 

Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the capacitors this will hold?

Here are the mechanicals, BOM and manuals.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/320xqw3ad6ewzyx/AAAHZJG4bjeJLZKj353kThkga?dl=0

unfortunately I don't find the BOM/Manuals for the DI stuff from Mike.

I was pretty sure Peterson put the Whistle Rock website. I checked. They are under the docs tab on the ML12 page on his website.

https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/products/ml12-discrete-mic-preamp-pcb?variant=6439587972

Latest posts

Back