ok where can i get the cheapest 2U rack enclosures from?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want new, par-metal. If you don't care, go to a electronics surplus place and look around for an old one.

versuviusx

ParMetal is the ticket.
I ordered one thie evening.
Look at the
http://www.par-metal.com/10series.htm

The black ones look great. Alum front steel sides

Where in NC????

The cheapest ones I've found are the Bud enclosures from Digi-key. You have to remember to include the lid when you order them (and price them). They're just a bit less, but they are not of the same quality or construction, though. I've used the Bud boxes for most of my DIY stuff since I was ordering from them for the Panasonic caps anyways.

The cheapest i've found were from partsexpress.com. They carry an all steel Middle Atlantic EC-2 chassis for 41.95. But, the par-metal ones seem to be the better quality.

keep your eyes open at pawn shops, i just pickerd up several unit for 50 or less (canadian) and they all have at least 4 xlr in/outs. if you figure just those xlrs are worth 5 buvks a pop, that takes 20 bucks right off the top of the 50 i paid, not to mention he multitude of other parts inside. Then it's just a matter of buying a blnk faceplate for 6-7 dollars and you're set.

Cheers

Location should be a required field. I just like seeing where everyone is from anyway. It's interesting to see the mix of people on here. :thumb:

Location should be a required field.
That´s true. It´s always the same question in every wtb-thread.

@ tony dB
The cheapest chassis I found in europe are from Benkler Elektronik in Germany
phone: +49 6321 30088
At the moment they are not online because the had to shut down their web site for some reason. They told me the will be online in a few days:
www.robeshop.de
cheers
Jens

Latest posts

Back