DANTE based audio measurement system?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomixer

Hi all,

Dante audio interfaces have been talked about here on the forum on some occasions, and I have used my good contacts to get one of these cheap 2x2 @48kHz boxes for a test run. not sure if the distributor would like to see it open on my bench, but hey.... ;-)

basically the Audinate chip does all for you, and provides 2x I2S (1xIN, 1xOUT) at a fixed 48kHz sampling frequency. this particular model has Cirrus chips for A/D and D/A conversion. the tech specs (specially regarding THD+N) are not that overwhelming, so I started checking whether we could reuse the board to provide I2S for an upgraded system. we would probably loose some functionality, and getting to the I2S signals would probably require some hefty soldering technique, but at least I poke the relevant signals and see them on the scope.

I have to check how much the thing costs before actually doing some soldering .....

I also bought a virtual soundcard license and must say that this is quite cool. works like a charm and has ASIO and WDM driver for us Windooze users as well as all the relevant mac stuff. no linux support unfortunately. so maybe some pics of ugly solder mods in the near future... I wand to hook up my TI PCM4222 demo board and I have some PCM1794A dacs waiting in some drawer too.

- Michael

Back