texas instruments tms 57070 dsp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavote

do any of you TI experts know where i could get this obsolete chip or a suitable substitute. in QFP100 SPECIAL FOOTPRINT, SMT.
any digitec gurus?  this is digitec part #72-3042
thx 8) 8) 8) 8)

Haven't heard back from rockchester. But it appears there are plenty available  from china. Can anyone tell me who manufactures TIs components? How can I tell if component is actual TI? And should I care? Will a knockoff of an ic sound worse or fail sooner than an authentic TI chip? any ideas are appreciated.

seavote said:
Haven't heard back from rockchester. But it appears there are plenty available  from china. Can anyone tell me who manufactures TIs components? How can I tell if component is actual TI? And should I care? Will a knockoff of an ic sound worse or fail sooner than an authentic TI chip? any ideas are appreciated.

It's a DSP, so it's not really a question of "will it sound worse?" It's more like "will it work at all?"

It's possible this chip was licensed to other manufacturers for second-source production, but that's a long shot.

Why do you need this part?

-a

seavote said:
don't want to give up my Johnson millenium150 guitar amp

You could ask Scott Grove, he has like 10 of those.  ;D

Surplus Sales of Nevada might have some....

Id just try the chip from China and see how it goes. If it doesnt work you can always file a paypal refund....

had my amp repaired by Don Bosely in ny. knows his stuff and did not gouge me for repair. (see his videos about millennium amps on you tube or boselymusic.com).  problem was with the power supply, all mechanical.  I'm trying to obtain these parts since they are scarce and T.I. made no replacement for it. if my DSP goes I'd like to have a few on hand.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

A bump on the testing question.
Seem to be manufacturing these in china. all suppliers claim original part and new ?
Don't think so. How likely is it that these are clones that will work rather than a different DSP in the same package labelled as 57070?
I have no idea how things operate in Chinese market. I'm thinking this endeavor already seems a bit a sketchy.

I don't think you can test a DSP outside of its eco-system.... it will need life support, needs to be thought what to do, have it's senses tickled and have the ability to express itself...

If it's a 57070, it will run. at least if you can do the swap correctly. that alone requires dedicated solder skills....

not to the possibility of them to be Chinese made, i doubt that strongly. it's not like the OP627 rip off scam with a regular one hung low opamp rebadged you find else were on the net... this is a much more complex chip with unique I/O, power pins distributed and so replacing it with a 'compatible' chip is not an option. and reverse engineering a chip that complex just to sell a few to guitar players, I doubt it...

- Michael

not feeling lucky, just desparate.
ordered 3 .  with shipping it set me back $50US. if they work when the time comes great. if not I know a digitec pedal that uses one that I could look out for on ebay. in the mean time i'll look for someone who needs one for a repair to see if they are legit. i'll have to take good care of my amp.
also bought some Harman international proprietary S-Disc2 dsps. got these from US,but I guess they could be fakes from china as well.  time will tell. in the mean time ill just enjoy my amp and not worry about it. just going through a prepare for the worst with my  millennium period

Latest posts

Back