[BUILD] The Rude Tube IVORY ====== Official build & support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Winetree,
yes, the IVORY sounds really cool. Yeah, I know, too much unfinished projects, BUT this one is going to amuse you. Provided all parts are there, it´s a really nice build for a Saturday afternoon.
regards
Bernd

Sounds really good! thanks for sharing this!
Can you estimate how much will it be for a stereo version? Haven't check all parts, sorry. Also, I seem to get truncated data when downloading the musikding chart... Can you provide maybe a pdf?

this looks really cool.
so this is the eq and drive section of a fender without the actual amp?
if so - what kind of input- and output impedance does the unit have? or is it an actual guitar amp? little confused- but very interested :)

Hi,
today I powered up the psu . It´s performs flawlessly. :) :)

@ Salomonander: It´s in fact the slightly modified preamp stage & EQ of the Fender Blackface Champ. You can add a 6V6 tube and transformer and you´ve got a nice little guitar amp.
regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd!

I couldn't find a transformer in the BOM or in the Musikding cart you posted.
Which PT did you use? I am worried because of the little height in 1 RU...

Best,
Carsten

culteousness1 said:
Hi Bernd!

I couldn't find a transformer in the BOM or in the Musikding cart you posted.
Which PT did you use? I am worried because of the little height in 1 RU...

Best,
Carsten

Hi Carsten,

On the preliminary Build docs, you have refs of PT to be used in a 1U without problems.
Bernd had precised that Musikding Shopping card didn't include T0220 Insulators nor Power transformer unfortunatly.
I personnaly bought the tt-t47 from Tube Town, it's height is good for 1U, but there are others, check the docs @ Mains + Extra

Hope this helps.

T.

Yes, there will be another batch of pcbs.
Zayance is making a list of interested people.
Have a look at his WM thread.

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=53011.0

Write him a pm.

Hi Folks,

I'll be finishing mine this week i guess, was busy on some other stuff.
i'll be building mine in a 1U rack, and so for you to see how this one fits and behaves well in a 1U version.
Of course in 1U, care should be taken on choosing capacitors and heatsinks and power transformer that will fit, and the preliminary docs
gives the infos needed.
Pictures will be taken along the build, and i'll add them to the Build doc.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to send me a PM so i can add them to the feeler list that you can see on my WM page.

Thanks a lot

T.

My boards arrived today! They look amazing. Nice work!

I'll order the rest of the parts now. I only have the Antek transformer :)

Thanks

What would be a proper fuse size for the 50VA transformer for this project? I am using

http://www.antekinc.com/as-05t200-50va-200v-transformer/  US 115VAC

Thanks

Hi,
be aware that you need 9VAC in order to get rectified and regulated 6,3VDC heater supply. If you really want to use this transformer, you should take the 6,3VAC directly from the transformer to the tube without stuffing the heater rail on the psu board.

So, either 6,3V alternate current directly to tube or 9V alternate current to psu to get 6,3V direct current.

If you want to go that route I would take the model with higher B+ like this one:

http://www.antekinc.com/as-05t240-50va-240v-transformer/

regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that transformer is out of stock and I already purchased the 200V version. It's one of the 3 suggested transformers in the build docs for US. I wasn't aware that I needed a 9V AC tap on the transformer but looking at the schematic I see what you are saying. All the transformers listed in the build doc including the European ones are only 6.3VAC. The build docs should be updated to highlight this.

So do you think the 50VA 200V transformer I purchased is enough to run 2 channels?

Thanks!

Back