getting inside a gefell UM70....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

Hi,
Has anyone figured out how to crack open the head assembly on a Mictotech Gefell UM70? I want to check/clean th capsule but I can't see any screws.....

this is the type of mic...

http://www.novamusicproductions.com/GefellUM70s.jpg

Thank you
Stewart

Stewart,
On the older version with plastic pattern changing ring, there were two pins (one either side) that had to be pulled out, but not without serious grief.

BTW I've got your connectors.

peter

i tried to open my umt70s (same body) and gave up. did you remove the rotating switch? when you do you'll see some countersunk flat-heads under the capsule. not sure if those release the grill+capsule or just the capsule. i was afraid of releasing the capsule w/o being able to get the grill off so i stopped right there.

lemme know if you figure it out..

:guinness:

Stewart,

I have a UM71, single pattern, there were rubber plugs that covered the screws. As Peter said, it was not without grief, and it hasn't worked well since I put it back together. Be careful.

Good luck!

seth, is it the switch that's not working right after putting it back together?

those 2 tiny allen pins determine the amount of friction placed on the switch's rotation. try adjusting the tension on them, it's not unlike adjusting the steering bearings on a bicycle. sounds like yours may be too tight or too loose.

EDIT: seth never mind, i see you have a single pattern. :oops:

Thanks for the tips everone. It is not my mic so I'll let the customer take the risk!
Stewart

Peter - those connectors will be most welcome :wink:

[quote author="gyraf"]Gefell MT71 schematic added [/quote]
Thanx a lot, next not boring schemo for my collection
I am now Ing (M.Sc. equivallent) :) :) :)
... After nearly two hour (for me) not boring exam today.
xvlk

[quote author="xvlk"] I am now Ing (M.Sc. equivallent) :) :) :)
... After nearly two hour (for me) not boring exam today.
xvlk[/quote]

Heey.. That's great news..! Congratulations, Xvlk! :sam: :sam: :sam:

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back