News:

Happy New Year!

ruffrecords

EasyEDA
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »
I found this a little while back and have started to play with it recently. Seems a good general purpose EDA. The big advantage is it is on line based so it works on any platform, even my Chrome Book.

http://easyeda.com/

Cheers

Ian

usekgb

Re: EasyEDA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
I've been playing with this a bit as well.  Save often!  I lost a bunch of work when I forgot to save.  My network freaked out during a save, and everything I did was corrupted.  Aside from that, it seems very handy.  You can even order PCB's directly from them.
Zach Griffen Audio
EvilTone

emrr

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »
Any new reports on this?
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounded g

ruffrecords

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »
Any new reports on this?

I keep getting emails about updates and it does look as though it is steadily improving. I still find parts of it counter intuitive but I have not really had the time to use it in earnest.

Cheers

ian

emrr

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »
Thanks Ian.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounded g

usekgb

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
I've been using it quite a bit.  Mind you, I don't do anything really crazy with it, but I have made a hundred or so circuit boards with their environment, and they have all turned out great.  I think the key to success with this platform is to create your own libraries for parts that you need.  The stock libraries are mostly focused on IOT and microcontroller applications, not audio.
Zach Griffen Audio
EvilTone

ruffrecords

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
I've been using it quite a bit.  Mind you, I don't do anything really crazy with it, but I have made a hundred or so circuit boards with their environment, and they have all turned out great.  I think the key to success with this platform is to create your own libraries for parts that you need.  The stock libraries are mostly focused on IOT and microcontroller applications, not audio.

I thing 100 designs on a platform is an excellent basis for an opinion. It must be reasonably good for you to have stuck with it which is encouraging. Throughout my career I have always found it necessary to invest time in creating my own library parts; time that is well repaid in right first time boards so I do not see this as a disadvantage.

Cheers

Ian

mrclunk

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »

Do you have any audio part libraries  you'd be willing to share?
I'm going to give it a go.

usekgb

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:40 PM »
Search the username "usekgb".  I have shared quite a number of them.
Zach Griffen Audio
EvilTone

mrclunk

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 05:17:09 AM »
Thanks!
I was messing around with it last night and found cinemag and 2520 parts, assuming that was you.
First impressions are that its perfect for simple analog stuff.

I've been using RS Design Spark which is also good but far more complex.

usekgb

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
I've done a little bit of digital with it.  Nothing crazy though.  Just a microcontroller based BBD circuit.
Zach Griffen Audio
EvilTone

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »
I've looked at it and I stumbled quickly on how to create one's own libraries. I've explored the knowledge base and couldn't find how to create a package (I want XLR's). One thing that doesn't help is that clicking on an item goes to the wrong place; I have to go back and redo to get to the right place... :o
It looks like it may be a valid replacement for my aging but faithful Eagle 5.0; unfortunately EasyEDA cannot import libraries from 5.0.
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
"The important thing is not to convince, but to give pause for thought." (B. Werber)
Star ground is for electricians.