EasyEDA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I found this a little while back and have started to play with it recently. Seems a good general purpose EDA. The big advantage is it is on line based so it works on any platform, even my Chrome Book.

http://easyeda.com/

Cheers

Ian

I've been playing with this a bit as well.  Save often!  I lost a bunch of work when I forgot to save.  My network freaked out during a save, and everything I did was corrupted.  Aside from that, it seems very handy.  You can even order PCB's directly from them.

emrr said:
Any new reports on this?

I keep getting emails about updates and it does look as though it is steadily improving. I still find parts of it counter intuitive but I have not really had the time to use it in earnest.

Cheers

ian

I've been using it quite a bit.  Mind you, I don't do anything really crazy with it, but I have made a hundred or so circuit boards with their environment, and they have all turned out great.  I think the key to success with this platform is to create your own libraries for parts that you need.  The stock libraries are mostly focused on IOT and microcontroller applications, not audio.

usekgb said:
I've been using it quite a bit.  Mind you, I don't do anything really crazy with it, but I have made a hundred or so circuit boards with their environment, and they have all turned out great.  I think the key to success with this platform is to create your own libraries for parts that you need.  The stock libraries are mostly focused on IOT and microcontroller applications, not audio.

I thing 100 designs on a platform is an excellent basis for an opinion. It must be reasonably good for you to have stuck with it which is encouraging. Throughout my career I have always found it necessary to invest time in creating my own library parts; time that is well repaid in right first time boards so I do not see this as a disadvantage.

Cheers

Ian

usekgb said:

Do you have any audio part libraries  you'd be willing to share?
I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks!
I was messing around with it last night and found cinemag and 2520 parts, assuming that was you.
First impressions are that its perfect for simple analog stuff.

I've been using RS Design Spark which is also good but far more complex.

I've looked at it and I stumbled quickly on how to create one's own libraries. I've explored the knowledge base and couldn't find how to create a package (I want XLR's). One thing that doesn't help is that clicking on an item goes to the wrong place; I have to go back and redo to get to the right place... :eek:
It looks like it may be a valid replacement for my aging but faithful Eagle 5.0; unfortunately EasyEDA cannot import libraries from 5.0.

Old thread, I know but I have spent some time recently with EasyEDA and I have to say this app meets exactly my needs. I am self-etcher and I was able to do my stuff within hours, really steep learning curve and the results were way better than my former PCBs.

This is the right tool if you want to realize your small/medium PCB projects fast and without spending weeks to learn one of the big PCB design packages. The best thing is, its realy free! 8) I can not believe that and yes If you are super lazy like me than you can build your PCBs without drawing a schematic first.  ::)

Conclusion: 4 stars of 5, easy, fast, powerful, stabil, huge libraries and great results.

I've been using it since Ian suggested it. Love it.

Fact it's all online means i can duck in and do some work where ever i am.
Really cheap for proto's, never had a problem with the quality of the boards either.

Blowing up PCB layouts on the big studio screen is handy too!

Attachments

• IMG-2370s.jpg
    IMG-2370s.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 30
Hi

Seem a good tool, but as all "free" things mind what(who...) is the product, especially from a company based at Shenzhen
Every design you do is on their hand  :-X

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
Hi

Seem a good tool, but as all "free" things mind what(who...) is the product, especially from a company based at Shenzhen
Every design you do is on their hand  :-X

Best
Zam

I thought I saw there a desktop version of EasyEda. Does that still upload your data to their server?

I don’t mind sharing my DIY, but that is not the case for everyone, and certainly one must know what they do with your work regardless.

tk@halmi said:
I thought I saw there a desktop version of EasyEda. Does that still upload your data to their server?

I don’t mind sharing my DIY, but that is not the case for everyone, and certainly one must know what they do with your work regardless.

I think you can save your data locally but it is a web based application so \AFAIK you cannot actually do any work off line.

Have you looked a Kicad?

Cheers

Ian

Back