• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fraud Warning

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neily

Hey Guys. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There's been a ton of fraud happening in the last couple weeks. A guy named Charles J Wall has been selling a bunch of people on the Pensadian Gear Exchange page (and I'm sure on many other pages) the same Distressor. I wouldn't normally go out and claim someone did something like this but this guy has done it to several people recently and super sketchy stuff has happened with him in the past as well. The guy is a total scammer and people need to know.

Charles J Wall
Recent scams are usually around the amount of $700
Usually selling a distressor.
Looks like he has been active on Gearslutz in the past under the name sigmundfreud33 (usually trying to sell drum samples)
Charles J is his name on Ultimate Metal
Works or worked at Sonic Assault Studios in Florida.

If you've had any recent dealings with this fellow, you should probably get in touch with Paypal's fraud department. (or whoever you used to pay, everyone so far has been Paypal)

Hope I am not breaking any forum guidlines but this community NEEDS to know this. Mods, please let me know if I should revise this post in any way or if it needs to be moved to a different part of the site. (I thought the Black Market was an appropriate spot for it as a lot of private sales happen here)

Back