t.bone Retro Tube II as donor for G7

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
If You want to use the G7 Board from Gustav, it won t fit into this Body but if a Point to Point  Build is possible for You ,this Body is  of course a Option ( like almost every LD Mic ). I am not shure about the mechanical Buildquality, maybee the Body, Headbasket is ringing etc. You also have to rebuild the Powersupply and the Patternswitch. It also could be tricky to install another Capsule in the Lolipop Headbasket. It s also not that cheap , so i would go with another Donorbody if You want to build Point to Point ,or use Your own Metallwork and install a new Headbasket.The T bone stc 700 is a popular and proofen Body BTW. Chunger has them back in Stock now for a very good Price ,have a look here
http://store.studio939.com/product/gt-2b-microphone-body
Greetings
Lothar

Hi! Thanks for yor reply! Good points. Its built on pcb from Gustav. Think i'll go with the t.bone stc700. Good price from Chunger and nice not to have the t.bone logo, but shipping to sweden was almost as much as the mic..so i'll go with the thomann version.

Hello,
I don t think the Gustav made PCP will fit in any avaiable Donormic. You probably need to go Point to Point or enlarge the Sct700 Body with new longer Rails and a new longer Tube.
Greetings
Lothar

You can have a look here  http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50171.0
Micbuilder Enchilada came up with this great Idea . I think the Mic looks amaising !
Downside is you need a Tube with a 58,5 mm Diameter but that can be drilled from a 60 mm Metalltube with a Wallthickness of at least 2mm. Maybee a lokal Metallshop can help.
Good Luck.
Greetings
Lothar

Looks great! Think i'll order the sct 800 t-bone which looks a bit taller and see if i can rearrange it somehow to fit the G7. Or else i'll make a visit to the metalshop.

Hello,
The Sct 800 won t fit, too short, too narrow. Gustavs PCP is too large,unfortunately .You can cut the PCP a few cm but i wouldn t do it ,can break easy and you loose the soldering Holes. You need a Body with a Diameter of 2"or larger . Do yourself a Favor and mod the SCT 700 Body to accept the G7 Board,or rewire the whole Amp Point by Point.
Just my 2Cents.
Greetings
Lothar
Edit: i was just reading  that the Sct 800 is 50,2 * 222mm . Maybee the G7 PCP can be installed, but might be a tight fit. But it would be a pitty if you buy it and in the End it doesn t work.

Back