Panaxis macromod Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

I found this whilst lurching through the Film Tech site, which contains many manuals related to Theatre equipment. This is a fairly basic compressor using a NE571 in the feedback loop of a LM 349.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/wareview.php?id=1348&category=2

Now this seems like a good candidate for updating with a decent opamp, something OPA perhaps, and maybe up the stakes a little in the side chain - wait a minute - that's all inside the 571 - so how can we tame this beast into something half decent?
PRR - you are probably still asleep or maybe not even retired for the night yet (it's 2.42pm in England) so I'll give you a few hours to hack this one to pieces!

Perhaps a That 2180 would be more usefull in the feedback loop?
Stephen

The NE571 ain't half-decent on it's own. It's good enough for telecommunication - and for the occational noise-reduction in BBD-delay-systems - but I don't think it's good enough for real audio.

It would probably be wiser to use some of THAT's contemporary chips in stead.

Jakob E.

I've built projects that sprang straight from the THAT application notes and have been very, very happy with them. I wonder why more people here haven't done the same.

Latest posts

Back