Resistor Tester

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
Gents,

spotted this over at GS, and thought I'd share here. Nice little jig for testing resistors quickly and easily.

/R

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/651260-super-efficient-diy-resistor-tester.html

Rochey said:
Gents,

spotted this over at GS, and thought I'd share here. Nice little jig for testing resistors quickly and easily.

/R

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/651260-super-efficient-diy-resistor-tester.html

What's that big cylindrical thing clamped to the tester?

-a

Andy Peters said:

Do you mean the green thing? I think it's there to add weight so the resistor makes good contact with the copper bar when it is hinged down.

Gold said:
Andy Peters said:

Do you mean the green thing? I think it's there to add weight so the resistor makes good contact with the copper bar when it is hinged down.

No, I mean the blue-gray thing with the colored bands around it ...

-a

Andy Peters said:
Gold said:
Andy Peters said:

-a

That's the resistor. :)

plumsolly said:
Andy Peters said:
Gold said:
Andy Peters said:

-a

That's the resistor. :)

Thanks, I was wandering about that too!

4 wire tester if you want to get your mind a little more crazy about this is not so hard to do, load the resistor with two other contacts (soft, so they blen a little and both make good contact) and them would be the voltage sensing points...

JS

Back