Monitor Controller

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, really impressive.  I'll be ordering straight-away. 

A couple questions regarding the IR control:
In your documentation (which is great and very thorough btw) the section on IR learn shows in detail how to assign keys using the learn function for Inputs 1-6, but it is the same process for the other functions listed below it (mute, mono, diff, dim, etc)?  Just  confirming that you can learn ALL control functions.

Also, if one were interested in building  a DIY IR remote, can you share any info on the IR sensor - is it 38kHz? I guess one could just program it to a universal remote and then learn those codes with an arduino and use that to build a custom remote.

Is there future potential for a hard-wired remote, maybe over serial on the USB link connectors?  Seems like serial would be faster/more responsive than IR...  I'm not asking for a product as much a roadmap to DIY something.  I bet a lot of folks would love a customized remote.

Anyway, amazing work, thank you!

Yes, all the functions are learned like input 1 to 6. The documentation layout is confusing I will try to improve it.
The IR sensor is a TSOP31238, 38kHz.
The responsiveness to a good quality IR remote is surprisingly good and fast.
We do consider making a wired remote in future, through the USB connector. The timeframe will depend on customers request.

Hello Jean-Pierre,

have seen my package is on its' way to me,massive thanks for that!
A basic question:Is the last state of the unit remembered on next power on (e.g. I/P selection,Mute Status etc.)?

Thank you in advance,

Udo.

JPK said:
They are actually Coilcraft Hexa-Path and they look exactly like the Coiltronics.

Oh, yup. We use several of those types here at the day job (different inductances depending on power requirements). I was just wondering which exact model is used. Because I've done the same type of flyback circuit, and I just wanted to compare notes :)

-a

Hey JPK,
Almost finished here, one little thing though, I cannot find the value of C1 & C2 on the switcher 2 pcb.  Also I am struggling to find R7 on the switcher, is it not silk-screened?  Is it adjacent to C7 and D2 in the unmarked holes? I may just be missing it, but any help would be much appreciated.

C1 & C2 are 330uF-25V.
You are correct, R7 is parallel to C7, between D2 and R6. The silk-screening is hidden by T1 :-(.
I have corrected the BOM and assembly guide on the website, sorry for the inconvenience.

Great thanks, and no need to apologize, so far this is an incredible kit. The panel quality and fit is perfect and the assembly guide very easy to follow. I'm at about 95% after one longish day of soldering. Off to Austin for the weekend, but I'll post a longer review next week after I finish assembly and do some testing.

adastra said:
Hey JPK,
Almost finished here, one little thing though, I cannot find the value of C1 & C2 on the switcher 2 pcb.  Also I am struggling to find R7 on the switcher, is it not silk-screened?  Is it adjacent to C7 and D2 in the unmarked holes? I may just be missing it, but any help would be much appreciated.
It's clearly visible in the overlay and pics,also in the schematic.

Happy building,

Udo.

o.k.,I'm at setup now,so doing all the tests.

PSU check:
With no ic installed I get readings as follows:
+16,1vdc,seems o.k.
-9,1 vdc at the -16vdc test point,I hope it changes once loaded with opamps?
+11,3vdc at the 12 vdc test point
+4,96vdc at 5 vdc test point
+3,24vdc at 3,3vdc testpoint

I decided to proceed at least with point 3 "Digital Test.Inserted U14 to U18 (Shift registers),U20 (PIC microcontroller) and U21 (RS485 interface)).
The 7-segment display shows "-63" but does not react when turning the encoder wheel.
Input select switches light up when pressed,also all function switches.
Output section:Only the output 4 lights up and can be "erased" by pressing any of the three other selector switches.These switches don't light up at all.

So I stopped here.
I need some help of you Jean-Pierre,I'm stuck.....please!

Best,

Udo.

I'm also in the testing phase.  PSU voltages were good, Digital, Analog & Relay tests were all good, but now testing TP9 & 10 for the headphone amp, I'm getting about 15Vdc on both test points. 

Back