Re: D-EF47 Tribute To Oliver Archut U47 Build Thread.
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2020, 08:34:49 PM »
Make a wire jumper on the PSU pcb between "COM" and "CRD" then you are in fixed cardioid mode, leave out the lorlin switch.
Thank you, TLRT, that makes sense. I haven’t been able to find a straight answer online about the differences in frequency response between a KK47 and the one-sided TLM-49, aside from reading that the TLM-49 capsule has a narrower sweet spot, tending more toward hypercardioid. I think I’ll probably go in another direction, but it’s on eBay for 300 if someone braver (or more foolhardy?) than I decides to buy it and see how it stacks up. 

TLRT

« Reply #381 on: June 17, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
Thank you, TLRT, that makes sense. I haven’t been able to find a straight answer online about the differences in frequency response between a KK47 and the one-sided TLM-49, aside from reading that the TLM-49 capsule has a narrower sweet spot, tending more toward hypercardioid. I think I’ll probably go in another direction, but it’s on eBay for 300 if someone braver (or more foolhardy?) than I decides to buy it and see how it stacks up.

For what style would you use the mic? I would rather use a good M7 capsule for EF800/802 tube.

« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2020, 02:52:16 PM »
For what style would you use the mic? I would rather use a good M7 capsule for EF800/802 tube.

Mostly close-mic'd tenor male vocals. I'll probably do some room mic'ing too. I used to have a Soundelux E-47C, which used a Thiersch K-47 style capsule, and I found that to be a little too aggressive in the midrange. I decided to go with a Thiersch Blue Line m7 style capsule for this build.