Hairball 1167 rev D Power Supply - CR6 measuring 0,777 V instead of -10V

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probablyhenri

Hi,

I'm building my first DIY project ever and have no experience with electronics. I built the power supply of the Hairball 1176 Rev D today and checked every step twice. When i measure the voltages by placing the common lead on the CT of the power connector and the other lead on the -30V mark (near R87), the result is correct. But when I measure at the -10V mark (near CR6) I get a reading of 0,777V DC.

Does anyone know what could cause this incorrect result? As I said, i'm completely new to this, so I have no experience with troubleshooting electronics... Hope you guys can help.

Thanks in advance!

probablyhenri said:
Hi,

I'm building my first DIY project ever and have no experience with electronics. I built the power supply of the Hairball 1176 Rev D today and checked every step twice. When i measure the voltages by placing the common lead on the CT of the power connector and the other lead on the -30V mark (near R87), the result is correct. But when I measure at the -10V mark (near CR6) I get a reading of 0,777V DC.

Does anyone know what could cause this incorrect result? As I said, i'm completely new to this, so I have no experience with troubleshooting electronics... Hope you guys can help.

Thanks in advance!

Did you run the ground wire from the neg leg of one of the power supply filter caps to chassis ground?

Back