• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Igor M/S board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffy1975

has anyone got one of these for  sale?
I also need one of his inductors for his pultec project.

Michael
oxford
england

I have his inductors, plus mid-side board, however I am missing one BA283 board! And I would really like to finish this project!

I'm not entirely sure of the morality of this, but for personal use only, if it helps perhaps we could sort out a copy of the M/S and 283 board or open up an inductor to clone?

Gareth

Hi Michael

That sounds great, as I said, I'd be happy to offer up an inductor if one could be put back together again after copying it....  :)

Gareth

I have a schematic of Igor's m-s board, if it is a transformer based m-s.
The input transformers have dual primaries that are switched with relays to be either L-R or M-S.

There is also Wayne's m-s board that is an active implementation. Might want to look into that?

Wayne's M/S board is great. And at a really nice price as well. And, because of the jumperblocks between the circuits, very versatile.
The basic version is like this :
Debalancing > MS encoder > balancing >MS insert> debalancing > MS decoder > balancing.
I've got mine setup like this :
Debalancing > MS encoder> high pass filters > balancing > MS points Patchpanel> debalancing > gaintrim> MS decoder > balancing. All switched with relays by the way. With a true bypass for the whole.  I'm having the parts for a second unit ready, I just need to start soldering. They'll be sitting in the first 2 stereo subgroups of my console.

I know, this is not what you're asking for, but it's worth to have a look  :
http://www.ka-electronics.com/KAelectronics/MS_Matrix/MS_Matrix.htm

Latest posts

Back