illuminated mux input selector switch.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradholland

Hey Guys,
I have built an state variable filter module which includes NP/LP/HP/BP outputs.
The project I have built calls for a 1P4T rotary switch to choose which filter output is selected.
I would like to change this to not use a mechanical switch and instead use a momentary push button with which each press should select the next output. on my panel I would like an led to show which filter mode is selected.

So 1 momentary pushbutton switch and 4 led's to show which input is switched to the output.

I'm thinking something like a 4066 would do this, but havent been able to find any circuits out there to show me how it would be done. of course I'd like to keep the circuit and component count as simple as possible.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

I am not sure why you would want to toggle four outputs with a single control button.  What happens if you want to jump from 1 to 4? You'll need to go through 2 and 3.

You can use 4 buttons  and toggle a 40175 quad flip flop. Each time you select an output the previous one turns off.  I would not imagine the cost of 3 additional buttons would be an issue.

actually, having just thought about this more, am I right in saying that...

I could just use an arduino, and use a pot. then, depending on what position the pot is at (resistance read) I could have the arduino set different pins high or low which in turn would control a CD4066 to select my audio inputs ??

bradholland said:
actually, having just thought about this more, am I right in saying that...

I could just use an arduino, and use a pot. then, depending on what position the pot is at (resistance read) I could have the arduino set different pins high or low which in turn would control a CD4066 to select my audio inputs ??

That could be done but I don't know if that would be confortable, of course big space in each position but who knows... I much prefer for this kind of controls or a rotary switch or 4 independent switches.

JS

Latest posts

Back