Total Audio Control 500 RACKS ,New additions, 506, 503, 501

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahib

Update on our Total Audio Control 500 system. Now 6, 3 and 1 slot desktop versions added.

All versions are GDIY 51X, API and Radial compatible.

11 SLOT

11_SLOT_01.jpg

11_SLOT_02.jpg

11_SLOT_03.jpg

11_SLOT_05.jpg

6 SLOT

6_SLOT_01.JPG

6_SLOT_02.jpg

6_SLOT_03.jpg

6_SLOT_04.JPG

6 SLOT WITH RACK MOUNTING BRACKETS
sixpack1a.jpg

sixpack2a.jpg

3 SLOT

3_SLOT_01.jpg

3_SLOT_03.jpg

1 SLOT

1_SLOT_03.jpg

1_SLOT_02.jpg

Before getting into the details two important points require to be mentioned.

Firstly all types feature on board status LEDs and an (optional) On/Off switch. The switch simply controls a relay on the floor type power supply eliminating the need to reach out to the back of the rack to turn the power supply off.

11_SLOT_04.jpg

Secondly, (for obvious reason) apart from the 11 slot all the other 6, 3 and 1 slot desktop types are actually 1 slot wider on the Right hand side. This can be seen on the below 3 slot image. The additional fourth slot is fitted with a blank plate.There are two advantages to this.

3_SLOT_02.jpg

Although it is a mono unit our EQ ONE is double width.  So, under normal conditions this would take up the 2nd and 3rd slots. But by placing the double width module on the 3rd slot you will still have the 1st and 2nd slots for two single width modules as usual.

The other advantage is that in the case of using three single width modules you'll have one module space left blank. An on-board power supply can be fitted into this space.

BASIC OPERATION

In this  mode you have the  XLRs for basic In/Out connections. This is the standard kit with the edge connectors, XLRs, backplane, status LED PCB and the metalwork.

The in/out connections can also be made through the  three Sub D25s (at additional cost). The fourth one is left for future use.

ADVANCE OPERATION

In advanced mode each  slot is fitted with the additional jack/switch arrangements to form a powerful tool with comprehensive signal routing and splitting for both the studio and live use.  The good side of the system is that you can configure each slot to your own taste and/or application. If you require only a single  slot to be upgraded then that's what you do.

You can split inputs/outputs and form insert points. All the slots can also be connected in series with the use of their respective "FEED" switch. This basically routes the output of its respective slot to the input of the adjacent one, eliminating the need for patching.

This operation is normally passive and all these functions are set by the on board jumpers

However, in active operation the Balancing card is used in the below image..
BALANCING_CARD_LOWRES.jpg

Two slots fitted with the Balancing card.

500RACK_front2_lowres.jpg

REAR PANEL CONNECTIONS

As mentioned before the FEED switch routes the output of its respective slot to the input of the adjacent one. In which case all the slots on the rack can be connected in series.

The switches next to their respective jacks are used to set their functions.

500RACK_rear2_lowres.jpg

INPUT 1 and OUTPUT 1

Basic XLR in/out connections.

INPUT 2

This can be configured as;
PARALLEL INPUT 
UNBALANCED INSERT RETURN (passive operation)
BALANCED INSERT RETURN (active operation with the use of BALANCING CARD).

OUTPUT 2

OUTPUT SPLITTER 2  (direct)
OUTPUT SPLITTER 2 (through the BALANCING CARD).

OUTPUT 3

OUTPUT SPLITTER 3  (direct)
OUTPUT SPLITTER 3  (through the BALANCING CARD)
UNBALANCED INSERT SEND (passive operation)
BALANCED INSERT SEND (active operation with the use of BALANCING CARD).

RACK_CONNECTORS_BLOCK_DIAGRAM_1.jpg

RACK_CONNECTORS_BLOCK_DIAGRAM_2.jpg

RACK_CONNECTORS_BLOCK_DIAGRAM_3.jpg

RACK_CONNECTORS_BLOCK_DIAGRAM_4.jpg

Available through White Market.

Available in 7-10 days.

The price is;

GBP 75.00 for the basic configuration.
GBP 10.00 for the power connector (optional)
GBP 10.00 for I/O upgrade (optional)
GBP 28.00 fro Balancing Card (optional)

Details are in the White Market http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52462.msg668904#msg668904

Looks awesome!!!  Does the TAC511 module placement line up with the GDIY51x 11 space rack, if I was to put one on top of the other?
Cheers
Michael

Thank you Michael.

Module placements are standard at 38.1mm pitch so it is the same in every 500 series rack. What matters is the rear panel mounting hole positions.

TAC has a slightly different arrangement because of the SubD25 and the power connectors, However, as I had designed the metalwork for V1 and V2 of  GDIY 51x I will run a separate batch of rear panels for these.

I would be interested in the 1U rack-space Power Supply. Will you ship to North America? I have purchased three racks from CAPI,
along with his floor box and the original Group DIY two space rack supply.

I ship worldwide.

I know you are a GDIY 51x loyal. 

The price was based on a smaller batch as I did not think there would be much interest to 1 slot. But I'll look into increasing the quantity to get a better price break.

Although it can be powered with your existing power supplies I have also designed a smaller PSU for it
(and the 3 slot).

Hi Sahib,
Do you have any extended 19inch rack ears to go with the 6 slot version at all?
Also are the prices ex VAT?

Hi Clunk,

I had not particularly planned to do extended ears for the 6 slot but it will not be a problem. I can run a small batch very quickly.

The prices are indeed ex VAT.

Edit. Just fired the drawings to the metal fabricator. 

Putting this together right now. Everything fits nicely! Perhaps I'm missing something, but in the Assembly manual the drawing of the LED PCB says from the top: yellow, red, green, red, green. That's wrong, or? Should be: red, green, yellow, green, yellow, just like on the pics, right?

Hi Paul,

Although I responded to this by e-mail, for the record the order of the colours are not really critical. Some members even changed them to RED, YELLOW+YELLOW, GREEN+GREEN

sahib said:
Hi Paul,

Although I responded to this by e-mail, for the record the order of the colours are not really critical. Some members even changed them to RED, YELLOW+YELLOW, GREEN+GREEN

It's the Eq One , Sontec based ?  Doa or Ic ?
thanks

Latest posts

Back