DAC Kit with CS4398, CM102 USB & CS8416 from China

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robomix

Some while ago I've ordered such a kit via ebay from a chinese seller for 22 euro (shipping included). The smd components had been pre-soldered onto the pcb so stuffing was an easy thing. I only had to add, in my case 2, transformers for a 8 V and a dual 12V regulated supply. Furthermore I upgraded some elcos with panasonic fc's.
Now I'm very pleased with the sound of this 50 €dac!! The difference with my old swissonic usb interface is soo huge; especially spatiality. The swissonic sounds just flat...

I've choosen the CS4398 Kit because i read that it was the dac chip used in my lovely crane song avocet monitor controller.

Has anybody tried similar kit? If there is some interest i could post a link. Don't want to do any advertisement to offend anybody... ;-)

Attachments

• DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 89
I think I had similar;
sounded nice, but then stopped working..
on quick look didnt find any obvious fault but didnt have time to do proper debug..

kooma said:
I think I had similar;
on quick look didnt find any obvious fault but didnt have time to do proper debug..

It's cheap Chinese crap. What did you expect?

-a

Andy Peters said:
kooma said:
I think I had similar;

It's cheap Chinese crap. What did you expect?

-a
a dac that sounds like 20€  and WORKS  ;)

yesterday i swapped the supplied  ne5532 op amp to a lme49720; another step up to perfectly enjoy music!
now i'm wondering if i should i order a kit with the ES9018 from esstech?!  ::)
does anybody here has tested this chip?

Back