Siemens W295b EQ. Anyone set these up?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxivity

I just got a hold of several of these. Thought they were beautiful and almost still do. The fixed frequency eq's on them work fine. Four of the five I got all have a problem with the middle, sweepable, band. The gain cut/boost works great but the frequency selector has no effect. The same on all of the eq's. Maybe I'm a bit dim ( really, it may be so.) I have them wired right by the schemo and one of them functions as expected. Does anyone have experience with these, they seem like they'll need a bit of setting up, but I really think something might be wrong with the center band. Any opinions or insight would be well welcome.
Thanks
Paul

i racked a pair of w295b and i had no problems with these units.

so if i have right understood: the middle, sweepable, band.has no function?

any other problems like hum or noise?

This may not be of great help, but I also have a couple of W295b's and one of them has the same defect being "stuck" on one corner frequency of the mid band.

So it's perhaps a common defect?

In general, these siemens eqs tend to get problems with their switches - that's where you should start your trouble shooting IMHO.

My 2 cents.

Michael

Back