racking V76s . . .*pix now*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steffen

hi everyone,

I have to rack 2 tele V76. since each of this babes uses 4 tubes they are getting quite hot. I want to put them sideways into the box, otherwise they wont fit into a 3ru case. the case I want to use has ventilation cutouts on the top only...will i run into thermal problems?.
any advice?

thx, steff

They won't get that hot. The EF804S is the coldest cathode in the world. (thermal noise, those guys were pretty smart).
Just rack them and don't worry about heat. Do worry about how to get phantom on those old output xfmr's that are ready to pop the second they get phantom.
I would rack them the position theyt came in. That way the tubes stay vertical.
cj

[quote author="CJ"] Do worry about how to get phantom on those old output xfmr's that are ready to pop the second they get phantom.

cj[/quote]

uhhh, now I´m scared. :sad: :oops:

what´s the best method to get phantom power to the input?

blockingcaps and soft startup?

steff

DONE! ramped phantom, external 240/220 stepdown trafo, buffered meters.

V76rack0.jpg

V76rack1.jpg

V76rack2.jpg

V76rack4.jpg

Very very nice VU meters - which buffer/driver circuit did you use?
(oh - and I love those bars that say Front and Back and point int he same direction - true DIY)

Holy :!: :!: :!: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I bought a pair of 76's last year, that are finally coming back from Ollie this week after being completely refurbished. I was simply going to mount them sideways in a 3RU cabinet, but this has me rethinking it, to say the least. This is beautiful.

Yikes, Steff - any chance you could post the details of your meter buffering arrangement, as well as how you handled the ramping balanced power?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Latest posts

Back