Where's Igor ? ( no picture included )

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffy1975

Guys,

not that i need him for anything but what happened to Igor? he seems to have vanished off the net entirely.

is he OK? Is he still alive? has he got a serious job working for SSL?

Is he going legit?

Michael

and please let this be a good vibe thread .......no bad vibes. Mainly cos i really like him and his work and it's my thread. ...if that's possible.....please....

I think Igor's leaving was more of a personal choice than a work issue.

Hope he is doing great out there :)

Gustav

We were in contact here, on facebook and on the mails.  He just disappeared  one day  and since then no voice from him. We  had a plans to meet each other but nothing happened.  I miss him as a friend and I hope he is Ok :/

Yes, unfortunately he vanished. Some people around here were still in contact with him after he left.
Dont know the reasons, personal issues or health related issues.

I wish he is doing fine now, and that he still designs equipment. He was really skilled and talented.

Too bad... so no news at all. I knew about the rumours and things. But I thought that maybe, in 2016, maybe someone has talked to him or at least has seen a sign of life. Igor's designs and approaches are kind of legendary and I still use his sontec degsin day in and out.  Hope he's doing fine with whatever he's doing right now. .

My friend told me a story that he contacted with Igor 1.5 year after when Igor left diy.

The story:
Igor get ill, survey results was - malignant neoplasms. During long and complicated treatment he had to deal with a lot of medical equipment. Being highly educated engineer he had ideas how to make that equipment better. After recovery he start to work in a area of desiging medical equipment...
that's all what I know.

If this story is true, I'd be happy for him. There's definitely more money in medical equipment R&D than diy audio gear -- and I assume clients/employers to be extremely demanding but not getting bitchy about anything too quickly.

dirty1_1garry said:
My friend told me a story that he contacted with Igor 1.5 year after when Igor left diy.

The story:
Igor get ill, survey results was - malignant neoplasms. During long and complicated treatment he had to deal with a lot of medical equipment. Being highly educated engineer he had ideas how to make that equipment better. After recovery he start to work in a area of desiging medical equipment...
that's all what I know.
I hope it's true :)

In medical equipment R&D you can get Billionaire,
it's an huge industry and market. Products have to be high quality and the tolerances have to be minimal but even so the profit margins are really big, because even for a simple machine, if it's market towards Medicine the client is already expecting an High Price.

I hope that Igor is well and that the story is true, although somehow I find it too Hollywoodesque to believe it!

dirty1_1garry said:

The story:
that's all what I know.
I certainly hope this is true. That would mean he's doing fine even though, too bad for us audio people.

Very much hoping this to be true too!

Over the years I've seen all too many brilliant engineers suddenly burn out in an instance as an effect of prolonged stress - I was afraid that was what happened.

Jakob E.

Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but I've been lurking around this forum quite a bit and I've read a lot of Igor posts. Sorry to have missed out on the guy I'm curious of his whereabouts and if he is doing okay. 4 years later, could anyone confirm the story above or shed any new light?

Back