Mains Transformer phase?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volta

Does the phase coming out of the secondaries matter when wiring a bi polar power supply such as this?+/-15v

Power.jpg

The center tap of course goes to ground but how do you determine the phase of the secondary voltage referenced to ground?

In other words if you swap the leads on each side of the center tap coming out of the secondaries will the circuit still work?
1/2hz later?
Or smoke?

:shock:
I have a transformer with a black wire for center tap and two violet wires are 15vac each on the secondary. :grin:

[quote author="volta"]
The center tap of course goes to ground but how do you determine the phase of the secondary voltage referenced to ground?
[/quote]
It don't matter none. :grin:

Study what the diodes do in the rectification process. You will then learn that the polarity of each side won't make a difference as both polarities are being used in combination to give you DC voltage. Sorry these words don't make much sense, but go here:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/rectbr.html

This will tell you what you need to know.
Joel

Study what the diodes do in the rectification process. You will then learn that the polarity of each side won't make a difference as both polarities are being used in combination to give you DC voltage
From study that is the conclusion I came to,just wasn't sure if I was gonna see the magic smoke demon. :grin: Thanks :thumb:

Latest posts

Back