Trident VFM modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scodiddly

Little bit of a score this morning - I got a couple of modules from an old Trident VFM mixer at the Kiwanis sale. One module is a mic input for a (live sound) monitor mixer, having a mic preamp, 3-band EQ w/ sweep mid, and 8 sends - no fader. The other is a group output with 4 band fixed EQ and an LED meter.

So far I've learned that this was Trident's budget line, which makes sense. No phantom power, no input transformer on the mic preamp, TL071 opamps mostly (NE5534 on the mic input buss driver).

Trident-1.jpg

Trident-2.jpg

So I guess my next step is to dig out my +-15 supply and a dynamic mic...

Well, the mic inputs works just fine. The XLR connector is a bit flaky, but aside from that and some very minor pot scratchies it all works. Decent amount of gain, too.

nice - I have some Trident modules coming to me in the mail from a friend in LA who found an abandoned board. I am not sure of the model number yet - but I can't wait to get them racked up!

Wish they'd had two of the mic modules so I could build a little stereo rig - the VFM mic module would be trivial to rackmount.

(but for $5 a module I'm not complaining...)

Hey, funny you should mention, i just put up my Trident VFM on evilbay, need to unload some gear....sorry, i know i should post such things on Black Market forum, but i thought since the orig post was about this item.....blah blah.....any questions, please PM me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7306294375&category=23785&sspagename=WDVW

So far I've learned that this was Trident's budget line, which makes sense. No phantom power, no input transformer on the mic preamp, TL071 opamps mostly (NE5534 on the mic input buss driver).

Its not just the budget range tridents that use TL072 & 5534. Try looking at a series 70 or 80 or a trimix

Latest posts

Back