• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Studer 169 sidecar

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glimmertwins

Okay fine....gotta sell this unfortunately. This is a Studer 169 sidecar/console with 10 inputs, 2 bus, and a built in two channel limiter. I believe these were popular mobile recording rigs in the 70s. Cool little board and not too heavy or large.  I figure there might be some interest in this board with some of the folks here since I have seen DIY 169 EQ projects floating around here.  This is the real deal.  I believe there was a partial recap in the past. It sounds fantastic. Reach out to me for more information. Looking to get $5k. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0212_zps367ba747.jpg

I use one of these regularly.

Killer preamp. And I mean it. The EQ is fantastic too... These highs are like silk.
The limiter is pretty rude but works great when you need this.

To sum it up : kickass little desk

Ya, I know -  I'm seriously considering dipping into some retirement money just to keep this because I'm sure it will take me a while to find another like this when I have the money again....

thomasdf said:
Well if I were you I'd keep it... And I'd wire some direct output on each channel if it's not already done.
Sweet desk :) Simple but very effective.

It does not have the direct out mod - been meaning to do that.  My understanding is it doesn't even require soldering - it's just moving a few jumpers around on each channel strip.

I had one, I sometimes want to miss it,but when I remember the always scratchy faders I'm happy it's gone

Bumping this with a price drop and opening up to partial trades - best case scenario being an E-mu SP-1200.

Latest posts

Back