looking for presonus firebox cable schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

I bought this unit used and it was at the shelf since that, now I need a spdif interface for a project and this one is a candidate but I don't have the break out cable for the spdif and midi conections.
I did a google search for the schematic without luck.

someone have a schematic for it or could measure the cable for me?

thanks in advance.

Rafael

Hi there,

I just purchased a used Firebox today which of course doesn't work currently so I'm trying to fix it.

I do have the cable though. I realize this is an old post but I could trace out the cable for you tomorrow if you still need it.

Just shoot my a PM so I don't forget :)

Cheers,
Graham

I'll get to work on it tonight I hope! I was supposed to be fixing my Fireboix but just woke up on the couch after 5 hours.

Edit: Just grabbed the cable, it's still sealed in the bag. Nice, Hopefully I can just probe for continuity and map the connectors,

Okay so here is the pinout. Any questions just ask, I can always draw it out, I'm basing the 9 pin connector numbering on the standard rsr-232 connector found here:  http://flylib.com/books/4/52/1/html/2/images/08fig16.jpg

Red RCA/SPDIF TIP - pin 4
Red RCA/SPDIF RING - pin 8

White RCA/SPDIF TIP - pin 3
White RCA/SPDIF RING - pin 7

Red Midi pin 1 - No Connection
Red Midi pin 2 - pin 6
Red Midi pin 3 - No Connection
Red Midi pin 4 - pin 1
Red Midi pin 5 - No Connection

White Midi pin 1 - No Connection
White Midi pin 2 - pin 9
White Midi pin 3 - pin 2
White Midi pin 4 - pin 5
White Midi pin 5 - No Connection

That's it! Time to start trying to get my Firebox working!

Did anyone make this cable, and does it work???
I just made one, and it doesn't work. First, your DIN pin numbering is all wrong, so I can only speculate on the accuracy of your DB9 pinout. You're supposed to use the pin numbers embossed on the CONNECTOR, not some arbitrary drawing.

Latest posts

Back