Feeler - ez2254... Christmas Past is now Christmas Present..... and Future

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slenderchap

Christmas again…. .

Decided to go the same route as the Pultecs by offering complete kits.

ez2254_inside.jpg

They are designed to be ultra easy to build with almost no wiring …. couple of ribbon cables and a chassis earth wire.

Probably about a 9-10 hour build from a blank PCB to a finished unit for the average speed builder.

It is like a classic 2254A. Units can be linked via the rear panel jack socket for stereo operation.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Will this be on the site for a couple of months? I'm interested, but not right now! Which revision is it? D? E? 10:1 Ratio?

Thanks for your work again!! I built my Pultec pair last weekend and they sound amazing! Was the easiest build ever!

Merry Christmas!

Floti said:
Will this be on the site for a couple of months?.... I expect so

Which revision is it? ... the classic revision A

I built my Pultec pair last weekend and they sound amazing! Was the easiest build ever!.... thanks

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Oh wow! This looks really nice! Two questions Colin :

1. What difference is there between this and your 54F50?
2. If I buy two, are these linkable for stereo operation?

rob61 said:
1. What difference is there between this and your 54F50? - This is like a classic 2254A. The 54F50 is like an enhanced 2254E
2. If I buy two, are these linkable for stereo operation? - Yes.... There is a jack socket for stereo linking.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Finished two units yesterday. Excellent built instructions (like all kits from AML). I didn't find it any harder to put together than the ez1073 , but requires more soldering as there are more components on the board.  Was sitting on my bench for a couple of weeks, effectively I spent around 16 hours from first solder joint to calibration, I tend to take my time.
Didn't test drive it yet, might post some clips next week.
J.

Attachments

• 2254.JPG
    2254.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 115
Built my pair, tested, and calibrated. They sound great! Thanks Colin for this superb kit!

I'd also say it was about 8-10 hrs per unit. The color guide makes assembly easier than paint by number. Love these kits where everything is included too. 

FastTrax_2254_pair.jpg

Hi, I have one finished unit ready for calibration.  And I will be using my DAW. The other day when I measured the output (from DAW) I couldn't adjust the 1kHz signal to be 775mV, the closest I got were 777-780mV. Does that matter?

I know it's dependent of how the converters are calibrated. And I have a Lynx Aurora VT that is factory calibrated.
Kind regards
John

The calibration went fine until until the point where you should adjust R95 (+8 threshold)

I send in 7,77V, switch LIM to in but nothing happens when I adjust the R95 (+8 threshold).

Please help!
Regards
John

More info:
The signal goes through when system is in. The make up gain works when "comp" is in, same goes for the the in/out metering. But that's about it since I can't adjust threshold trims. So damn frustrating when it was such an easy build... I guess I will have to  take her apart and check everything...

Gain makeup works post compressor, pre limiter, and the compressor must be engaged.

Ok, but where to start  troubleshooting ?
Is there an  easy way to check all the switches?

John

Back